WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, January 1, 2010

This years gonna be a good year, yes this years gonna be a good, good year....

We want to wish all of you a wonderful 2010 where dreams, hopes, and prayers are fulfilled! Every New Years I am kind of afraid of what the year will hold. I am a planner and the unknown and surprises do not make me comfortable. Does that seem weird? I know there will be many wonderful events to come that will build memories, bonds and love. I pray for you all that it will be that way for each of you! Mistakes will come but I pray forgiveness quickly follows. Tears may fall but I pray a light of sunshine graces your face quickly! Troubles will come but I pray you know WHO to turn to.... the Healer, the Comforter, the Teacher, the Forgiver, the Creator, the King! I posted below this post something to think about as your New Year begins! New Beginnings!

Speaking of New Beginnings.... starting again to lose weight and get healthier. I will never stop until my last breath. Even when I reach goal weight I will continue to stay healthy. I would like to start a group of supporters again if anyone is interested. It was fun doing the 100 day one with about a dozen of us! Any ideas?

Yesterday I dropped off Papa at work and went over to my friend, Cheryl's house! I talked her into facebook and then walked her through it! I'm so excited she is on. It was good to see her and even Lester! lol! Christopher and Ashley (grandkids) were there.... here is their picture:They have grown up so much!!!! Good kids! Gave Christopher a hard time. Two of his friends were there. They were getting ready to go snowboarding today. Got done there and had to run back to get my love. Was thinking about stopping at Tara's but Brad has had the flu. Pray for him. What a way to bring in the New Year!

Picked up Papa and we went over to Jake and Patty's. (he is our friend, one of the Pastors at our church and leads our Bible Study.... and Patty is just a sweetheart!!!) Trina was there with her baby Lyle. We all played a card game like Phase ten with 3 decks of cards. It was really fun but hard!!! Then, of course, Jake wanted to challenge me Cribbage. He always does. I beat him 2 games in a row and he wanted a double or nothing game.... I skunked him. Will he ever learn? lol!I don't have a picture of them together so here are who they are anyway. lol!

Got home about 1 but didn't get to bed until 2 or so! Hope everyone had a nice New Years! Looking forward to a great 2010! God Bless you all!

Weather to Expect: Happy New Year everyone!
The first day of 2010 brings more showers, breezy to windy conditions, possible coastal flooding and mountain snow.
If you're traveling across the passes be aware of the Winter Storm Warning through Saturday morning. Expect nearly 2 feet of new powder on the higher passes where the snow level will hang around 4,000 feet. Lower passes could see snow and rain.
More rain showers hit the lowlands Saturday, letting up at times Sunday with sun-breaks. Light showers continue at times into next week. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I believe that 2010 is going to be a wonderful year! I pray for good health for you, Papa and your Mom! I know this past year has been trying at times with health and lack of work but we got us a "Brand New Year" and a "Brand New Attitude":) Love to all and blessings abundant to you and all of your precious family!

billypandnikkysmom said...

Well, I have a lot of Weight Watcher Recipes if you're interested and I'm always interested in new tips/tricks & ideas!!!! Hope you had a New Year's Eve!! God Bless!

Kelly said...

I'm like you, I get nervous when the new year starts. Even though it's technically just another day. I've always been a bit melancholy on New Year's Day. Here's to a great New Year!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14