WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

family...

family...

Month

Month

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Smile like you mean it.....


I can't believe I lost my camera. It has been a week now. I am trying to remember the last time I had it... it has got to be around the house. It is not in the van. There have been some great Makoa moments but I couldn't get them! I'm going nuts, I tell you. Can't seem to remember anything anymore.
The last two nights of my life were not good. They weren't horrifying... but just not great. The other night I baked a Tater Tot casserole for dinner. I wanted to drain the grease out (burger makes it a bit greasy) into a bowl and the whole casserole flipped out! It landed on the stove top, in the oven door, in the oven, in the drawer below, on the floor, all over my clothes. It was bad!!! I cried! What a mess! So I started to clean it when Heather called. Papa came home and started cleaning it and telling me how I could avoid this happening. second frustration. Like I meant to do it.
Then I still have this cold... not just in my head but in my throat and chest. It is hard to breath and my throat hurts. Plus the eye doctor lied... the sty has moved to the other eye! And it hurts. This is my 3rd one within a few weeks! Of course this is the week that every woman dreads to top it off! Bloated, crampy, cranky. Missed both of Dylan's playoff games because I was feeling so yucky! I hate to complain on my blog... but since it is my diary too and I feel about to explode... I am venting.
Then last night... I did some laundry and dishes and cleaned the dining room and some in the bedroom... papa came home and I think he hit the foot of the bed and all I hear is bad things directed at me because there is a basket on the floor I need to put away. wow. I cried and ate dinner alone in the kitchen. Another rough night. What is weird is I just wrote my first devotional about anger.... and Satan isn't happy. http://joyceblackdevotions.blogspot.com/ Have you ever felt like you can't do anything right? I need to start focusing up instead of at my situation. That gets me nowhere. And I need to realize papa is working hard... he is gone from 5 a.m. until 8:30 pm Monday through Friday. That is hard. I need to make it easier on him when he comes home.

Oh, I feel better. Got a very encouraging message on facebook that helped me alot. And you ladies that comment are very encouraging! Love you guys!

Just got an email that my aunt Lorraine is in the hospital... please pray for her! Not sure what is going on except they are running stress tests, ultrasounds, etc.... I imagine for her heart. She is retaining fluid. It is mom's only sister left and she lives in the Midwest. Please pray.

Facebook friend of the day is Chai Ommen! She is one of the happiest, friendliest person I have ever met! I met her through KidStuf at church. Her husband, Dean, played our character Gordo and she would come down to watch him. I only wish I knew her more. Now let's go back to June of 1987. I should have rented her out... Karla the caterpillar killer! She walked around and squished these creatures all over my house. It was a bad year.


ANDREW'S DEVOTIONAL:
Jeremiah 13: 15-17
15 Hear and pay attention,
do not be arrogant,
for the LORD has spoken.

16 Give glory to the LORD your God
before he brings the darkness,
before your feet stumble
on the darkening hills.
You hope for light,
but he will turn it to thick darkness
and change it to deep gloom.

17 But if you do not listen,
I will weep in secret
because of your pride;
my eyes will weep bitterly,
overflowing with tears,
because the Lord's flock will be taken captive.

ANDREW'S THOUGHTS: "Verse 17 explains my thoughts."
Andrew's heart is breaking at that school with all the people he knows that do not know God and who mock Him. I pray he can be a good witness and I pray for his friends.
If this blog didn't totally bring you down.... it must be sunny at your house! Let's see what it will be here after ONE DAY of sun?

Weather to Expect:
We have slipped back into a cool wet weather pattern across Western Washington. A soggy start across the sound as heavy showers continue to stream through this morning. Showers will stay with us throughout the entire day with the chance of thunderstorms, especially this afternoon. The wet stretch continues through the remainder of your work week.
We start to turn the corner on Friday with decreasing showers and temperatures rebounding back into the mid to upper 60s.The payoff will be this weekend. Mostly sunny skies in the forecast for Saturday and Sunday with temperatures soaring into the upper 70s. We are looking at the warmest weather so far this year.


4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my Joyce..what a very transparent post. What we all experience at one time or another and we just push it down. Thanks for sharing one of your very normal days when things all seem to go downhill... sigh...I understand those too, as well as the happy ones. Circumstances...bah...they can really test us, beat us up, make life downright difficult...
Justin says - Life is what we make of it...I hold on to that. :-) I like your SMILE LIKE YOU MEAN IT!
I will choose that today.
Sometimes hubbies have bad things going on in their own thoughts with their workday, and we just happen to get some of the fall out!! ouch! Know about that too! I sent this to another gal. sending it to you just cause it helped me.

" we are naked and exposed before each other in marriage. No one knows your wife's or husband's sin, shame and failures the way you do. But marriage was designed by God to be a place of comfort and safety, not condemnation and critique.

Each of us brings our own set of flaws with us when we marry, and unfortunately, we add new ones to them as time goes along. But marriage should be the best place for two imperfect people to find acceptance and ongoing forgiveness . . . as well as the courage to change and grow."

Well....Deep down I know you and I and all our bloggy sisters want our hubbies to feel safe from criticism and condemnation as much as we do when we are inside the four walls of that home-haven. I am making it my goal this week...right here and now. Thanks for sharing with us. It was good. I am inspired to try hard, just like you do! Hugs to you. God's Best blessings and grace to you bloggy sis!

Theresa said...

HUGS for last night, sunshine for today and happy thoughts and prayers being sent to you! I am sorry you had such a bad night and sometimes we aren't necessarily having a bad day but SATAN is just picking at us:) Get the behind me SATAN!!!! Andrew is precious and I pray God will help him withstand the peer pressure of negativity!

So, my friend... I hope you are smiling and recieving God's richest blessings from above!

Love you!

Gank

billypandnikkysmom said...

Nope, raining here :/ ~ when life gives you lemons throw them at somebody LOL!!! Ahhh, I was just trying ot make you laugh but...if you want to throw them I won't tell ;D ~ sorry you're having a few bad days, I know what that's like...hang in there an know that better days are coming! Hope you have a great night, get some rest! Blessings & hugs to you!!!

Joyce said...

I love you girls!!! Thank you so much for making me laugh, feel your love and support and prayers! xoxo

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14