WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

family...

family...

Month

Month

Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Flag Day!

Good day sunshine!!! Another sunny morning in Paradise! Curtains are open and I am ready for my day with Makoa! ;D

Today is also Flag Day! On August 3, 1949 President Harry S Truman signed their resolution "That the 14th day of June in each year is hereby designated as Flag Day." Today it is the right of every American to proudly display the flag that speaks of our freedom.
Flag Day, is a day for all Americans to celebrate and show respect for our flag, its designers and makers. Our flag is representative of our independence and our unity as a nation.....one nation, under God, indivisible. Our flag has a proud and glorious history. It was at the lead of every battle fought by Americans. Many people have died protecting it. It even stands proudly on the surface of the moon. As Americans, we have every right to be proud of our culture, our nation, and our flag. So raise the flag today and every day with pride! While you raise the flag... remember to pray for our troops! We are still in a war! I am putting my flag up today!
Well, yesterday I stayed home sick all day. That was it. Cleaned house and rested. Papa mowed. It looks so nice! I don't have much else to say.

Here is Andrew's verse from yesterday:

Malachi 4: 5-6 5 "See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes. 6 He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

Andrew's thoughts: Families are very important. The very idea of a family is sacred. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is what makes a family so special. So, would you allow three more family members into your heart?


Yesterday my facebook friend was Christa.... Tina's picture was in it.... today my facebook friend IS Tina! I got to know Tina working at the store together! She is so sweet and kind and I'm glad we're fb friends! Funny thing is... I've known her husband, Greg, and his family for years!!!

One of my favorite pictures of all... Jordy and Riley taken on June 14, 2003! Does it get any cuter? I don't think so!The other day I got to talk to my sweet Marie!!! I love this girl! She is our marine, Justin's mom and was married to my nephew Ron (Justin's dad). I still consider her my niece even though they divorced. She will always be my family... and my kids feel the same. Her and Ron used to come over alot when they were married and the kids were small. We all got close. I talked to her on the phone for about an hour the other day... got all caught up! She is going to hop the ferry this summer with her son, Wyatt, who is the same age as Dylan, Jo and Parker! I can't wait to spend some time with them!

Well.... this is all I got right now. Tired of talking about my cold and eye. It's the same. So nothing to report there. Praise God the family is all healthy except for colds here and there. If that is the worst of it... we are sooooo blessed!!!!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Happy Flag Day to you too! I have been taking pictures of lots of Flags these days! I love them and they are so beautiful!

I hope you enjoy the day and feel all better soon! Stay out of the heat, that's what I am doing right now!

I love your new design!

Have a blessed day! HUGS!

Julie said...

Woot for FLAG DAY! Yes, I am flying it high and proud. and You are right. We are still at war, though I think many don't pay attention. Sometimes it has to hit on your own territory before people will be awakened to the events outside our little box.
Hope you will improve a little more every day this week. I LOVE the red polka dot dresses. Oh my how adorable!

billypandnikkysmom said...

Happy Flag Day!!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon! I know you loved having that little one with you today ~ I can always "hear" the smile n your post when you blog about his antics :D Have a good night, blessings & hugs to you!!

Kelly said...

I so enjoy Andrew's devotions. What a fine young man he's becoming. I don't even have to guess how proud you are.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14