WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

talking with old friends....

I guess things have been better and things have been worse. Right now the worse is my front right tire. Tara pointed it out to me the other day and now it is going flat over night. Papa is taking it in tonight to see what is up with it. Frustrating because I know we need new tires but they're expensive and I'm not working... so it's a catch 22. Last night our Bible study went to Outback for dinner to celebrate Dennis' birthday... we couldn't go $..... plus Papa's boss said it is super expensive for little food. Have never been there. Things will be very tight for awhile for us. Had to make "Ernestine" phone calls for Tina. Called Sharon, Mary L, Mary D, Doris W, and Sandy. It was so nice to talk to people I haven't talked to for awhile. I miss so many people. Shame on me. I'm so horrible at keeping in touch. I don't know why! I love my old friends! Facebook is sure helping.... but it's not as good as face to face. Sandy invited me to lunch on Thursday. That will be nice. Candice is calling today. That will be fun.

We had a nice evening. Met Amanda at WalMart and talked and stuff for awhile. Also ran in to Candice and Matthew! Got huge hugs from both! So great to see them! And saw Janice Linton and her hubby! Then saw my little friend from KidStuf, Makayla. She was dancing with Lauren and having fun at KidStuf. She ran up to me at WalMart and gave me a huge hug! She is a cutey. Came home and chatted with Tina for awhile... she is so devastated about losing her mom, Ernestine, but is really worried about her dad. The death of a parent is extremely hard to go through.... and you don't ever really get over it. You just deal with it. Even when you know they are in such a better place. It is just knowing you're not going to be able to pick up the phone and talk with them. I still miss dad and my mom-in-law so much! It is hard.

We topped our evening off by watching 24! It was so good! Next week is a 2 hour show!!! We are jazzed.... but Lanny has to work and it's Lauren's bday. He said I can't watch it without him. duh, we'll record it! My plan is to clean, clean, clean today!

Something is going on outside cuz Toby wants out. It is dark and not happening. I have a hard time getting him back in if he sees something. So....no. He's already been out for awhile.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. May God bless it.... and stay dry!

What's Ahead:
Wet and breezy today as showers persist and southerlies blow 15-25 mph.
More rain Wednesday along with cooler temperatures through Thursday.
Expect a short break from the rain Friday and Saturday, with more wet weather Saturday night and Sunday.
Snow levels stay at or below the passes this week so, finally, more snow for skiers, with up to 6 inches of new today.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14