WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

family...

family...

Month

Month

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Posting tonight instead of tomorrow!

Thanksgiving is over.... but I will always be thankful for my thoughtful, wonderful family and my amazing mama who does not look 82! Isn't she beautiful????
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with just me, Lanny and mom! No-show didn't make it, but it didn't ruin our day. We ate just fine and then some! Dinner was good! At least that is coming from my mama who loves me tons and my husband who can't taste. lol! The kids and grandkids all called today and wished us a happy thanksgiving! That was wonderful! And my brother Doug called from Virginia. He always calls on holidays.... I love him! Here is a picture they took of him with his pets! lol! He'll say they are not his... but who's lap are they on? He looks a bit full !
We watched some shows of The Closer (mom loves that show... and TNT was having some kind of marathon.) It was weird not having football on, but Lanny didn't care. He was wonderful today. He brought all my decorations in the den from the garage and I am slowly putting some out tonight. It is a ton of work. I've been playing Christmas music to try and get me into the mood. I don't know why I can't get into it. I hope it's not going to stay like this! Papa is planning on putting up lights tomorrow or Saturday. I'm not going to let him until he gets help from Andrew or Dylan. His knees can't handle going up and down that ladder all the time. Last year Andrew helped.
and Lauren.... until she got bored. It sure helped Papa alot though!
Before Andrew it was Tara!
Well.... best get off the computer. Papa is getting off in 15 minutes. Wonder if he is hungry? Doubtful! I am so thankful he has the next 3 days off!!!! It would be awful to work at Walmart tomorrow on Black Friday! Yikes! Thank you, Lord! Enjoy your day whatever you chose to do!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

You are lucky to have your Mom with you, she is so cute and the picture of the two of you is just precious! I thought about you last night while we had sooooo many people and remembered that you were having a small gathering. I'm telling you, you should live closer... you would have so been with us:) Love you and hope you get some Christmas decorating done. Trying to talk my sweetie into going up to the attic. He has been cleaning gutters and lots of other chores this week so his calves are sore. Somewhere I heard that it was good for you to work the soreness out:) Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Christmas spirit is harder to get into when the kids all get older. I still do it, but really not into it anymore now that I have twenty year old grandchildren.
Linda

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14