Oakland Mayor Jean Quan pleaded with the occupiers to go home and allow the longshoremen and truckers get on with their livelihoods.In my small brain.... I think there are betters ways to spend your time. Helping the homeless, jobless, hungry in this country. This is a time of giving....not taking. This is all insane.... and violent!!! It seems like they are all over the map in what they are trying to accomplish. Some of the rich have worked very hard for their money! Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey....and many more. Yes, there is economic inequality, high unemployment, homeless. Some of the things we can change by changing direction and stop wasting our time protesting or whining. Get out there and be part of the solution instead of the problems! Or protest where the rich are located instead of where the working class is trying to make their living!!!! Here is the explanation of OWS:
"People have to think about the consequences," she said. "People have to think about who they are hurting. They are saying, 'We want to get the attention of the ruling class.' Well, I think the ruling class is probably laughing, and people in this city will be crying this Christmas. It's really got to stop."
Some port officials lament the loss of pay for longshoremen and truck drivers, who are not among the nation's wealthy elite — and protesters would say are among the 99 percent.
Occupy Wall Street (OWS) is an ongoing series of demonstrations which which were initiated by the Canadian activist group Adbusters. The protests are against social and economic inequality, high unemployment, greed, as well as corruption, and the undue influence of corporations—particularly from the financial services sector—on government. The protesters' slogan We are the 99% refers to the growing difference in wealth in the U.S. between the wealthiest 1% and the rest of the population. Initially, journalists such as Shannon Bond for the Financial Times had said it was hard to discern a unified aim for the movement, though by later October Adbusters had been trying to "rally it around a single, clear demand" for a Robin Hood tax, with a global march in support of the tax planned for October 29. Naomi Wolf has argued that the impression created by much of the media that the protesters do not have clear demands is false. Wolf argues they do have clear demands including a desire to end what they see as the corrupting effect of money on politics. According to Bloomberg Businessweek, protesters want more and better jobs, more equal distribution of income, bank reform, and a reduction of the influence of corporations on politics.
Well, that is my irritation today. I had a great night last night..... steak dinner with baked potato, warm fire and beautiful Christmas lights and tree, a good book, and Monday Night Football with a Seattle Seahawk win. Wonderful night!!!! Plus a little Fear Factor thrown in.....ewwww!!!!!
When I drove in the driveway.... Papa had surprised me and had decorated the tree with lights! It was so amazing! Thank you papa!!!
| Mary and Joseph are on the deck with baby Jesus. |
Tonight will be awesome....our grand daughter has a concert! I love Christmas concerts. Papa is driving me to work so when he picks me up there won't be a car there. Four days until our Christmas!!!! Prime Rib, presents, games, and best of all..... slumber party!!!!!!!!!
I love Christmas time!!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
1 comment:
Howdy Joyce, I AGREE about OWS... I am tired of them and don't think they are getting anywhere with their actions!
I watched your Seahawks last night too:) Love football here at the Roach house!
Papa is AWESOME to do all of that decorating! My Man has been doing a lot too and I truly appreciate it! I am trying to get everything done this week SO I don't have to do it next week! I have dinners and lunches every day this week and TOMORROW I have TWO:) BIG HUGS and MUCH LOVE!
Post a Comment