WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

after Christmas....

Everyone had a great Christmas!  Especially Maddie....she gets to get a cat!  They are hunting for the right one and letting her pick it out. ;D  She is beyond happy!  All the kids pretty much got what they wanted I think.   And I got these wonderful pictures!




We did nothing Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  It kind of stinks having Christmas a whole week early. Next year will be the 22nd.  Still stinks because we have nothing to do on Christmas. Just once I would like to have it on Christmas day. But the kids are busy with other families.  We gave up Christmas day a long time ago so they weren't torn on where to go and now it has come to bite us in the butt.  Karla, Joel and kids came over with a $100 gift card for Whiskey Creek Steakhouse. It was so sweet of them!!!! But after they left I was so lonely the rest of Christmas morning....by afternoon I pretended it wasn't Christmas. It felt like any other Sunday.  We didn't do any church service which was bad of us. I did make a turkey on Christmas Eve. Papa made steaks on Christmas day. I tried not to be down for his sake. But he knew. I am grateful for what I have.

I stole a lot of Christmas pictures off facebook.... here are some of my favorites:





Niece Brittni and her husband






my friend veronica

It is my vacation.... and I am loving it.  I did get my sheets changed and livingroom rearranged. Not ready to take my tree down. I think I will slowly take things down....so it's not a shock. I hate clearing things out so that everything is empty all at once. It takes me a few days to put it up....and I can take a few to get it down. lol!
Went for a walk with Papa and Toby today.  Brisk out....but feels good once you do it.
Papa is out back trimming our tree. I worry because he goes crazy on it. Remember the front trees? Well....my beautiful tree where we feed the birds and the kids climb is getting "trimmed". Not happy.

Taking the week slow. Getting things done that need to be done. Which is always a good thing. With working I don't seem to have much time to do anything! I am in awe of those moms who work full time. How do they do it?
Tomorrow we are taking Andrew, Lauren, Maddie, and Dylan to Sonic for lunch and to Krispy Kreme donuts. That should be a nice drive. Papa has wanted to go to Sonic for a while.....closest one is Tacoma. So we are driving.
Papa needs to order new glasses tomorrow.
I have a doctor appointment on Friday....plus have to pay my ticket on that day!
I also need to set up my class room agendas for next month. 
Lots of stuff happening.I hope you all have a great week!  Glad it is only Tuesday!

oh my gosh.... I was taking a picture and papa started falling!!!!!!
 he's ok

1 comment:

Theresa said...

OH NO... Papa be careful! Happy to hear that he is OK! Looks like everyone had a great time with all of their Christmas goodies AND I LOVE the pictures!

I was wondering if you got a package from me? Hope so! If not, it will eventually get there:) Love you all and enjoy your week! I still have more to celebrate with on Saturday, can't wait to see my grandkids from Knoxville! HUGS!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14