WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What are YOU giving up?

I have lots of memory pictures today because they are all so stinking cute! First one was taken of Riley and Jordy laughing on February 17, 2003!

This one is Maddie in the toybox when the Teletubbie them started! Taken 2-17-2004
This was taken the same day of Lauren.... she was a bit mad at me because she wanted my camera ... so she is giving me "the look".

These were taken at Andrew's Pinewood Derby on 2-17-2006.
Andrew's car beat that car! He was happy!
Proud father-son moment with the car and ribbon!

Andrew in memory picture 2-17-2008... love his laugh!

Memory pictures 2-17-2009 at the beach..
And Maddie's favorite part... having hot cocoa and doughnuts to warm up!



Well, it is Ash Wednesday today! The beginning of Lent season. I've never observed this holiday before.... but my grandson called me out on it asking me what I was going to give up.
Here is a list of some things people are giving up.... I know some would be easy for me and some would be hard....In case you are wondering what Lent is..... here is an explanation I found:
Lent is a season of soul-searching and repentance. It is a season for reflection and taking stock.
Lent originated in the very earliest days of the Church as a preparatory time for Easter, when the faithful rededicated themselves and when converts were instructed in the faith and prepared for baptism. By observing the forty days of Lent, the individual Christian imitates Jesus’ withdrawal into the wilderness for forty days. All churches that have a continuous history extending before AD 1500 observe Lent. The ancient church that wrote, collected, canonized, and propagated the New Testament also observed Lent, believing it to be a commandment from the apostles.
Theme:
Retreating Into the Wilderness with Jesus
Dates:
Lent is a forty-day period before Easter. It begins on Ash Wednesday. We skip Sundays when we count the forty days, because Sundays commemorate the Resurrection. Lent begins on 17 February 2010 and ends on 3 April 2010, which is the day before Easter.
Mom and I have been laughing about what to give up... but we both decided on fast food. It is so easy and cheap to grab a cheeseburger on the go. This is for Karla....I went to a weight watchers meeting to check it out last night. I liked it. Lots of good advise from people trying to get healthy too. Still not sure if I will join. Praying about it. I haven't done well on my own the last couple days!
Well.... didn't do much yesterday... Lauren joined Andrew and I for the afternoon .... I love that baby girl! We are so blessed with the grandkids God has given us! And our kids!!!! Love them all so much!
Well.... that's all I got again! Hope you have a wonderful day and that God blesses all you do! xoxo

Weather to Expect:
Fog will burn off leaving us with mostly sunny skies today through Friday with temperatures holding in the mid 50s through the work week.
The weekend looks dry with a few more clouds in the picture. If you like sunshine, it does not get much better than this in February!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Love the picture with the mean look, that is my favorite of all of them:) I hope you get your diet right. Tracy and Derek have both lost a lot of weight with low-calorie diet and exercise. Hugs to you my friend, have a blessed day!

billypandnikkysmom said...

Great pictures, loved the "mean face" tooo dang cute for words!!! I am Catholic so yes, I celebrate lent....I gave up cussing, it only lasted about a minute :) LOL!!! We had ashes to night at church, this is one of my favortie seasons, very somber but so beautiful....have agreat night, hugs from Fall River, Mass!!!!

Anonymous said...

Join Curves with Caitie and I! I really like it. I think you can try it out for a week for free.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14