WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Are we getting in the Valentine mood yet?



Good morning! It is suppose to get 59 degrees here today! Papa was very excited as he was watching the news and the weather back east. My brother and his family are stuck in it in northern Virginia. They already have a foot. We slept in until 8! Papa is up doing laundry and he's going to wash the vehicles this morning. I came down with a nasty head cold and will be sitting here spacing out. When I get a cold I get real spacey. (Don't comment on that!!! lol) I was so emotional and icky yesterday. Then out of the blue last night Karla called me. She didn't want nothing but to see how I was. I don't think I had even said I wasn't feeling well on here or facebook yet. My kids never call just to say hi and how are you doing? They usually have a question or something. I was so puzzled by her call but it really touched my heart. We talked about my test results that are coming in and she helped explain some to me. Thanks Karla.... you made my night. Not the explaining of pills.... just the phone call. I needed it right then.

I changed my page to look really valentinie! Spell check says that's not a word.... but I don't care. You all know what I mean. It was fun and something to do. Papa and I aren't doing any exchanges of cards or stuffed animals or anything. It is a waste of money and I got lots of stuffed animals and flowers die and cards take up space. I know he loves me after 25 years I told him a hug would be good enough.

Papa is very sad.... his electronic Yahtzee game died. We've had it for years! It is his "bathroom" toy. We took that game on trips, camping, everywhere! lol! New batteries didn't work. Poor papa.

Papa didn't go to his dr appointment yesterday. He didn't want to go without me and I was just too sick. We need to reschedule it. It was just a check up. Not going anywhere today either... and the way things are looking we may be home tomorrow watching the Superbowl alone. We were invited to Tara and Brad's. =( Papa can go but any bets he won't? Pain in the butt. It will be a sad lonely weekend not seeing any grandkids. {sigh}

Picture of the day is Tara 2-6-91! She's so cute!
Hope you enjoy your Saturday! I love Saturday's best of all!

Weather to Expect:
Mild temperatures continue with most areas dry this weekend.
Sunday we enjoy partly to mostly sunny skies and middle 50s again as high pressure builds in for the first of the week. That will keep us dry and partly cloudy through Tuesday with a chance of rain mid week.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Glad Karla called you and lifted your spirit! I sure hope you feel better, hopefully quick enough to go watch the Super Bowl with the family. Hugs to you, tell Papa to grab him another game at Walmart:) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Denise said...

Poor Lanny!! I don't know what I'd do without my Yahtzee game!!Good ol WallyWorld.Glad Karla called you.She's so sweet.Yes you are Karla.

billypandnikkysmom said...

Hope you are feeling better soon....sorry about the game, but I saw them @ Toy-R-Us and they weren't too very expensive! Hope you have a good day!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14