Yesterday was interesting. Not the cable guy coming.... but finding out grandson Dylan has the Swine Flu! First.... in the morning I got to take Lauren to school! That was fun!!! I love spending time with the grand kids and she always makes me smile and laugh! Then I was heading to Karla's to drop off clothes, a plate, etc... when I got a text from Dylan he was going to the doctor. I knew he was sick and not sleeping when he had texted me earlier in the day.... at 4:30 in the morning! So I went to the doctor and sat in the waiting room until they came out. Karla came out with a strange look on her face and Dylan had a mask on. They came over and she said we had to get Dylan out of there... they tested him and he has the swine flu. So we went outside and she had things to get for him at the store and couldn't take him for obvious reasons... so I took him home.... after swinging by Burger King and getting him a Cupcake Milkshake (drive thru, of course!). We got to his house and I got him all cozied in his dad's chair with a blanket, his cell, ice water, his milkshake, book, and most importantly... the remote. He was a happy clam. I took this picture before leaving. I see my cell phone doesn't take the greatest pictures... but Dylan thought it was kind of cool and creepy looking so he loved it. He also has his mouth opened wide and that is his tongue... not his chin!!! lol! He was doing good and Karla had stocked up on Lysol, juice, and she made sure my hands were sanitized when I left. Sooooo.... I've been asking for prayer for Dylan. And also for Karla, Joel, Maddie and me.... who have all been exposed. I think we'll all be fine. Just found out my nephew and niece's also had it in Lynnwood.... Ronnie, Vicky, Brittni and her boyfriend Jake! Wonder how many cases are in this area? Wonder if that's what Papa had last week? Here are the symptoms:

It sounds like every other flu. I'm not making light of it because this flu.... like every other flu people have died. I didn't pay much attention before because I got sick of hearing about it.... the media made all of us soooo paranoid that I think it desensitizes you.


I really don't want to make light of this flu.... I am a bit worried about Dylan and I hate it when he is sick! I am glad I've seen him.... and he really acts and looks like he just has a cold. He slept better last night, Rachel dropped off movies and games, but his fever is up again this morning. He also told me his grandpa called and got sick overnight. Can't imagine him taking a whole week off work! Pray for him and Cheryll too!
Here is some levity for Dylan I thought he would like.

He told me yesterday I stood a 50-50 chance of getting it. Thanks Dylan! lol! It is highly contagious. Thanks to all you that are praying and sending him get well emails. I appreciate "good thoughts" too but that isn't going to heal him. That's why I ask for prayer. Only our God can heal! We can't do it just thinking good thoughts. We need to pray. Thanks! Love you guys! xoxo God bless your day!Weather to Expect: A stormy Wednesday across Western Washington with wind and rain throughout the day. The heaviest and most widespread rain will be occurring this morning as a cold front sweeps through our area. Showers will continue throughout the afternoon with rain tapering off later tonight.
Once this storm moves out, another one is on its heels. The next storm will bring showers during the day on Thursday before rain increases during the evening.
The front from this next storm moves in Friday bringing increasing rain which will be heavy at times. Temperatures will be holding in the low 60s for the second half of the work week.
Rain stays in the forecast for the weekend. Saturday will be the wetter day with showers around. Sunday looks drier with just a few showers in the forecast.
3 comments:
Smiling makes everyone feel better, cute cartoons. I sure hope nobody else gets it. I know there are serious cases and light cases just like in the regular flu. Hopefully his will be a lighter case. God CAN heal and the power of prayer is amazing.
Love all of you!
Poor Dylan! I hope he is feeling better soon. Stay healthy and try not to catch it! Tell him we are all wishing him a speedy recovery! Have a great day.
I sure hope he gets to feeling better and that no one else gets it!! Have a great day!!
Post a Comment