WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, October 16, 2009

Hurts to be the object of others talk....

This picture is perfect for me today. A couple years ago my counselor told me when she is feeling down on her self... believing negative that people may be saying about her.... she has a photo of a beautiful swan on her bathroom mirror and reminds herself she isn't an ugly duckling but a beautiful swan.... poised, regal and loved by her Father. I need that today. I can't let how people see me be my reality. It's not. I am a good person that tries to get along with everyone and will bend over backwards to do anything for anyone.

Can you tell I'm a bit down this morning? I shouldn't be. Papa is here sharing coffee with me. I have more blessings than I deserve in this world. I'm just an insecure person who thinks everyone is saying bad about me, making fun of me, talking behind my back.... etc. But like Dr. Phil says.... people don't think about you half as much as you think. I find myself trying to be very careful not to talk trash about people behind their backs. My goal is to be like my dad .... and there were only 2 people I can remember him talking negative about.... but it was all true lol! I want to lead by example with my kids and grand kids. They watch. When they start talking negative about someone.... I need to point out reasons for why they may have done that and try to make them empathetic. Try to turn them around so they don't criticize and judge so harshly. That should be all our goals..... leading by example. Not encouraging other to speak badly. Not even putting them in the position to hear us speak badly. Sadly, there were times the kids were growing up we were guilty of speaking trash about people they loved. I regret that so much! It put them in a terrible position and made us look bad.... and what did we teach them? If we truly love one another.... our goal should be to lift others up....not tear them down. When you are the object of hurt.... it is a big reminder not to be the person hurting. Right now... me and a certain person are not speaking because they hurt me and spoke bad about me behind my back. Do they love me? Doubtful. Do they act like they do? Yes. Should I judge if they do or not? I don't know.

Max Lucado wrote this:

Paul offers us one: "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth" (1 Cor. 13:6 NIV). In this verse lies a test for love.

Do I encourage this person to do what is right? For true love "takes no pleasure in other people's sins but delights in the truth" (1 Cor. 13:6 JB). If you find yourself prompting evil in others, heed the alarm. This is not love. And if others prompt evil in you, be alert.

Love doesn't tear down the convictions of others. Quite the contrary."Love builds up" (1 Cor. 8:1).

"Whoever loves a brother or sister lives in the light and will not cause anyone to stumble" (1 John 2:10).

"You are sinning against Christ when you sin against other Christians by encouraging them to do something they believe is wrong" (1 Cor. 8:12 NLT).

Do you want to know if your love for someone is true? If your friendship is genuine? Ask yourself: Do I influence this person to do what is right?

Today I resolve not to be the person who says anything negative about another.... but tries to encourage love and peace.... refocusing on my blessings.

What do I do regarding the person who sinned against me? Forgive. Which is hard when you feel like you would do anything for this person and you do.... and they still kick you over and over. But we aren't asked to do this by the King..... we are told to do it.

Yesterday morning I took some movies and biscuits and gravy to Dylan... and soup to Maddie that you can only buy up at our QFC (Mega Noodle... her and Lauren loved it as toddlers!) Went grocery shopping and when I got home this is what I found:

There was a bird by papa's truck laying on it's back. It was a beautiful bird. I didn't know the type at the time. I was SO mad at Punkin'. I know it's her "instinct".... but I don't always act on my "instinct"!!!! She was still alive and blinking and moving her feet and breathing so I thought there may be hope and turned her over on her feet. She just sat there. I left her to fly away. I went out there later when it started raining and she had her eyes closed but her mouth was moving like she was trying to whisper something to me and still gasping for breath. I went next door and asked Rich to help me. He took her away. I cried. I couldn't stand to see her suffer but I couldn't do anything about it.

I did find out she was a Northern Flicker.... thanks Mark. I asked on Facebook if anyone knew what she was and got all sorts of replies:

Mark Fischer
Northern flicker....a type of woodpecker..this is a female. Bummer
Yesterday at 6:19pm ·


Brian O'Connor
It is obviously a catbird. Cats like to bring these birds home. It is definitely a catbird.
Yesterday at 6:36pm


Tracy Walsh
It might be a Flicker
Yesterday at 6:37pm

Elissa Torgeson
It's a flicker (or was).
Yesterday at 6:43pm

Stephen Vieau
chicken
Yesterday at 7:14pm

Adrianne Kinzie
I think it lost at playing 'chicken.'
Yesterday at 7:51pm

Saleena Shearer
it looks like some kind of dove
10 hours ago

Now.... I know I don't have Karla's sympathies here.... but she may be softening. She saw a puppie at the computer store yesterday and said it was "cute"! Is that a change of heart I am hearing?

Well... papa is getting a haircut today and we're going to QFC.... He works tonight :( .... and I don't. Got my first check from work. $35.00. hmmmm.

Hope you have a good day and I am going to try to focus on the positive and the blessings I have.... not the friends I may not have had to begin with. xoxoxoxo

UPDATE: KARLA'S COMPUTER IS DOWN.... BUT WANT TO LET YOU KNOW DYLAN HASN'T HAD A FEVER TODAY. SHE ALSO HAS BEEN CLEANING AND HAS A BAG OF SIZE 6 GIRLS CLOTHES TO GIVE AWAY.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joyce, you are the kindest, caringest person I know. If someone chooses not to see that in you, then that is a very sad loss for them. You should feel sorry for them that they are missing out on a true friend.
Linda

Theresa said...

OK, get your broom, tear up some newspaper and throw it in the floor. Sweep it out the door. That newspaper was all this mess someone has said or done. Just try to get rid of it. Hug yourself from me and I'll pray that all this doo-doo goes away:) and happy returns. Love you mucho Sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Words can hurt only if you let them.The people who know and love you know that you would not hurt anyone purposely.and if you did you would be truley sorry.Keep those negative thought out of your head love you me

Joyce said...

Thanks all.... love you too. Anyone ever notice my own kids never comment or encourage me?

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14