WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Columbus Day?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY KELLY!!!! My friend from Georgia is having a birthday today. If you don't believe you can make friends with people you've never met face to face.... you are so wrong. The friends I've made in Georgia are the sweetest and kindest people.... and all in one family! It all started with Karla and Kelly! I will pray for you always and cherish our friendship. May God bless you today and for years to come with love, health, happiness, and laughter!

My other friend from Georgia (Kelly's aunt Theresa) is having an anniversary today!I don't have a picture of her with her husband... but here is one with her daughter, Tracy! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY THERESA!!!! May you have many wonderful happy and healthy years together! love you!


Couldn't do it. By the time I get off facebook I don't feel like blogging in the evening. It takes me too long anyways.... so, being a creature of habit, I am back to mornings.

Major frustration of my weekend.
I got a new cell phone. With AT&T you can upgrade and get a free phone. Thought this looked cool. I am slowly trying to figure it out but I keep messing up. It is hard. I need someone to help me. I notice I am getting more like my mom every day!!! Amanda and I had lunch the other day and I was telling her my new phone had a GSP thing on it. (Just had to look it up and what I meant was a GPS Navigator). I feel so dumb sometimes (not that my mom is dumb!) I even have trouble remembering how to OPEN this phone! yikes! I used to be soooo good at stuff like this. I was Dept. Head of the Camera/Sporting Goods at Payless, for goodness sakes! I figured out all sorts of stuff for the elderly or less mechanically minded. Now I am becoming one of them. I'm sad.

Enough of that.... lets move on to another complaint. Did anyone see Denver's uniforms? Are you serious. Those have won this year for the worst. I thought Seahawks were bad the week before but Denver beat us!
Seahawks kicked some butt. Nice to have Matt back! Went to church in the morning and Lanny talked with Pastor Barry about how their teams were doing.... Pastor's being the 49ers.
His team didn't do as well yesterday. Oh well.... Seahawks did! :D

Mom called and we had to leave the game and run over there. She didn't get to go to church because her car wouldn't start. We visited and he cleaned the battery cables (they were dirty) and put the charger on etc and it started fine. We knew it wasn't the battery.... Lanny just bought it in January! They last longer than 10 months!

On the way home I took pictures of Port Gamble. It is always so pretty in the fall!!!!
I put BBQ Ribs in the oven and baked an apple crisp (which was good but a bit dry). Warmed up the house and smelled so delicious in here! Loved it!
Then I made some rice, biscuits and veggies to top off dinner. It was really good.

By the time I decided to go to bed..... this is what I found! No room! When we turn our blankets on to warm up the bed.... the animals think we did it for them! lol!

Last two nights the cat doesn't get down and sleeps with me almost all night! Kind of a pain because she doesn't like me to move my feet, move her, put my feet on her or kick her. Well, she should get off then. Maybe I need to buy her a heated pad?

Doesn't this recipe look good???? Kelly's sister Suzanne makes it and I might too!

Suz's World Famous Crockpot Mac & Cheese

1 tall can evaporated milk

1 1/2 cup milk

2 eggs

1/2 stick butter

3 cups sharp shredded cheese

1 tablespoon salt

1 (8 ounce) box cooked macaroni.

Spray your crockpot with cooking spray. Mix all of the above. Cook in crockpot on low for 3 1/2 hours.



Well... we are going to just laze around today I think. This weekend Lanny got the lawn mowed and all the vehicles washed, we got some cleaning and laundry done, and now papa is sleeping in his chair this morning while there is a Christopher Columbus special on the History channel. Should I wake him to watch it? nah. Maybe I will watch it so I can understand why there is no school and the government is closed down today.

Have a great day.... and I am probably thinking of you today. xoxoxo

Weather to Expect:
Say goodbye to the fall sunshine, we are moving back into a wet weather pattern this week. . Expect partly to mostly cloudy skies with high temperatures in the 50s.
Rain will be rolling in overnight tonight and will continue through the week ahead.
Showers will be around Wednesday with breezy conditions during the afternoon.
Steadier rain will be moving in Thursday and Friday with temperatures going back up into the low 60s.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank you, Joyce! You are so sweet and thoughful to remember me today.

That is such a good picture of you you posted today. You look sooo happy.

And don't worry, you're not alone with the technical difficulties.

Happy Columbus Day! LOL!

Karla said...

Our schools aren't closed because of Columbus Day - they're closed for Learning Improvement Day.

Theresa said...

Thank you dear friend for the anniversary wish! It is a rainy yucky day here but our hearts are full of sunshine:) Love you all and wish I could help me with your technical issues with your phone... you know I was just there. Hope you have a restful happy day!

Cindy Lou said...

It is so true that you can make friends with out ever seeing each other face to face!! I just know that when we are all together and someone says Joyce we all know it our out of state family...YOU!!! We love you and maybe one day we will be blessed to be able to actually meet!! You have a great day!!

Tracy said...

That was so sweet of you to post about Kelly's Birthday and Mom's Anniversary! I have not forgotten the Wreath email! It is coming! I have been really busy! You guys were so sweet to get your Mom's car all fixed up! The picture of the Fall drive is pretty. I love when the leaves turn. I wish we had travelled to the Grove Park Inn when the leaves were changing. I bet that place is gorgeous in the fall! I bet your baking did make the house smell yummy! I love Banana bread in the oven! Have a wonderful day!

Joyce said...

Thanks Karla! CK was off too. I thought it was for Columbus Day. Government was off (Lanny, Ryan and Brad) paid.
Thanks to all you Georgia friends for your sweet comments! If it wasn't for you all I wouldn't get hardly any comments! lol! You might have noticed my kids aren't much for commenting on my blog.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14