WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Monday, February 11, 2008

Today was my daddy's birthday!


The picture of the day is above...taken Februaray 11, 2001 on Grandpa's birthday and he is getting help with the candles from Andrew, Dylan and Jordan! This picture on the left is of my dad was taken on his 80th birthday! I can't help but think of my dad today. Every morning of his birthday I would call him and sing happy birthday....poor guy! Our whole family does that to each other! I miss doing that.....so I sing it out in the air. I miss him so much. Every day. He was so awesome and meant so much to every person his life touched. I know Lanny adored him like a father as did the other in laws. The grandkids loved his sense of humor. We all loved his braveness. He was and always will be our hero. Feel free to share your feelings about him in the comment section.





I was so sick yesterday! Went to church and didn't make it through kidstuf! Papa had to bring me home. I was better by afternoon. Some stomach bug! That was my day yesterday. Even slept part of the day! I must be getting old. Happy Birthday to my longtime friend Berta. I've known her practically my entire life! We grew up together until we moved to Kingston...and several years later her family moved to Kingston, too! I love Berta! And a happy birthday to Dennis Dick....a wonderful friend from church!!! God bless you both! Have a great day everyone!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The slide show is very nice... it is nice to see them. I miss him alot. I know
he is in a better place.I try to remember all the good things like him
just being outside on the deck with him and talking about everything and
nothing,him just messing with things to find out why they aren't working
or making something he needed like a battery for the drill Don gave him so
he made one... that was Dad. I used to watch when he wasn't looking... there is
alot of good memories that we are left with which i am so thankful for!
Lois

Anonymous said...

He was the kindest,nicest man I have ever met. Loved his wife and family with all his heart. Bob's Dad always said he was lucky to have his best friend as a brother-in-law. Your Dad touched the lives of everyone that met him in a positive way. I feel like I'm a better person for having known him.

Anonymous said...

Great slide show, a lot of nice pictures of Grandpa.
Tara

Heather said...

Great slide show. Yes, there are alot of great memories of grandpa. Hope your feeling better, Josh had some stomach issues today as well, he is better, but he has been getting them all the time, may have to take him in.

Karla said...

I love the picture of the day. I wish my kids had known him better

Anonymous said...

All through the weekend, my thoughts anticipated "Dad's Birthday". On Monday morning (5 AM), a very special day....I went outside with a cup of coffee in hand. I thought how cold it was and how much I missed my Dad. But as I turned my eye's up toward the still dark sky it was filled with star's and I knew up in heaven just possibly the brightest star was our smiling and glowing father. Telling me that he loved me, how proud he was of our family.

Dad's love keeps our heart kindled with kindness and warmth. His cool eye's watch with awe of what his offsprings accomplish with the same dedication, perfection and pride which he passed on us all.

As the globe turns, he redirects his attention to Mom, for he knew what a special gift he recieved when he married the big city girl from Sisseton. Finally, after we enjoy a final sip coffee together; Dad staring down from the stars, the Sun burst from the horizon to remind us what a blessing GOD gave to his family. And Dad's attention and mine is rightly given back to the work at hand. Dad loved to Work, and who is better to work for then God our Father.

Happy Birthday Dad.
Love, Doug

Joyce said...

thanks, Douglas, you made me cry. that was beautiful!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite memories is his incredable patience and the way he could stay calm and work towards a solution without getting twisted. We used to skateboard over to Seattle and I'd call dad and ask for a ride home from Winslow and he'd come get me...and five others I'd "forget" to mention and and it wouldn't faze him. I miss my dad.
David

Anonymous said...

Ahh...Uncle Leonard...my favorite jokester! He always had a wonderful sense of humor and a big heart to match.

xoxo-Amy

Anonymous said...

He is missed, he showed me how a father should be. I will miss him always, I love you dad and thank you! lanny.

Anonymous said...

It amazes me all families aren't like ours.What's their problem? To not have a grandpa like mine is mindboggling and I would pity my friends who seemed hungry for stories of what I considered normal but was unknown by them.He is so in all of us I can feel him.We are all sassy smart alec and,let's face it,adorable.When I come over even now it's like he's just outside or gone to do something.He's not gone of course.We just can't see him but I know he's there.Takin' Care Of Business. Jeez,Doug!!That was beautiful!!Whaaah!! luv to all,Denise.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14