WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday, private, reunion, fall already

So, I am private again.  A friend had an experience with photo theft and I don't want that to happen to me.  I don't mind people who I love taking my pictures.  That is really the bottom line and my reason.  I know it is an inconvenience to some people and I don't want to lose some of my readers...but this is also my own journal too and I don't want to give it up either.  It is a good place to store memories and pictures off my computer in case it crashes. I have met a few of my best friends from my blog that I love.

Anyway, it is Tuesday and going to be a beautiful day!  The sun is already out and it is suppose to hit 80 today.  Nice. I am going to continue to work on class reunion stuff.  Yes, you heard right. I was going to stop this year...but I just can't seem to stop!   I wrote by hand every classmate and if they are facebook or/and email contacts.  Then last night I started googling ones I don't have. Found a couple. One got back to me already! So it has begun.  Decisions were voted on. We are not going to do a dinner/dance for our 40th reunion. We are going for the worship service / brunch and in the afternoon picnic. Makes it easier, less expensive, more relaxed, and less tiring. Some guys will be going golfing the next day, some people will be getting together for dinner Saturday night, and as always there will be a gathering Friday night down in Poulsbo.  
This isn't my first reunion.
I led the organizing on the 5th downstairs of Sons of Norway...



the 10th upstairs of Sons of Norway with dinner, drinks and dancing...

and the 20th we did a worship service and brunch, a picnic at Buck Lake (which we're banned from I hear) and dinner & dance on Bangor Base....

Look at these committee's! The top one I am on the far left...it was for the dinner and picnic.  The bottom photo is for the worship service...I am in the middle. 
This picture is interesting because it has a guy (bully) who was so mean to me and my friends in school I thought he was just evil (top right pic with him on the left pushing up his stupid glasses). Then my high school sweetheart, ex-husband and father of Karla and Kevon is in the top left picture talking to Bill's wife. I don't despise him....he just bugs me. lol

And the 30th we did the worship service again and the picnic!

Jim Settle leading worship at Kathleen's home.

And Raab park  for the picnic.
 Scott Oliphant taking pictures of me taking pictures! lol!
 Part of our committee....Denise, Rob and myself
 Us girls got Homecoming King Rob Thomas to get up the ladder to hang the sign! haha!
 Our teacher wrote a book and was there signing them for us. Love this guy!

I am hiding behind the red shirt guy. lol!

Last weekend 1973 had their reunion and they whooped it up at the casino. One of my high school friends, Sherri (on the right) tried all day to get me to go. I just didn't want to... but it looks like it was fun. Another good friend, Maria, is in the middle and I haven't seen her for so many years!  It would have been nice to hang.

I am bringing out Fall decorations and put them out. Don't want to go too Halloween or Thanksgiving yet.  Just fall and leaves and stuff. This is such a weird time of year. I have had so much pain in the fall like mom's death, dad's death, and ma's death, my 1st marriage ended, it is a dark couple months! 
So anything to brighten it up will help.

Papa has been scraping the grass from the pavement in our driveway. 
He still has to get on the roof and finish the garage.

Well, I just finished up a long conversation with Andrew. God has worked on him all his life and there is still so much he has yet to do! It is awesome talking to him! I love it. He goes to this group on Tuesday nights he really wants us to go to .... but he has to work tonight. We really want to go with him.  It is an amazing, Spirit filled, Holy, touching, learning time. He loves it!

Well, gotta run! Have a great day!!!!




1 comment:

Heather said...

When we come over next month why doesn't Don do your roof so Dad doesn't have to?! He said he would! I think were coming the first weekend in October!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14