WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Saturday, September 21, 2013

This week went fast!!!! Happy Saturday?

I cannot believe I haven't posted since Monday. Today is Saturday. And I am hurting.  I will explain later if you care. lol

Monday we talked to the insurance and got things all straitened out. It is really not fun to deal with insurance companies. We also went and picked me up a new recliner chair and got some groceries in the house. It is leather, which I am not a fan of but it will be ok. I will get used to it.

Tuesday was the day Ma (Lanny's mom) died 5 years ago.  It was a sad day, but it is hard to be too sad when she was suffering so. She died of stomach cancer and she died at home holding Rita and Becky's hands. She lived in Oklahoma. I miss that she is not here anymore. I miss her laugh and the way she said my name. I miss Lanny's softness whenever he talked to her on the phone. He loved his mom so much! Her and Mimi were the only ones always there for him and now they are both gone. But we will see her again when we get home to Heaven! What a day of rejoicing that will be!

Wednesday we watched Survivor.  We love that show. Look forward to it every season.  I stayed up and watched the Big Brother finale too.  Very disappointed with this season. It was bad and the winner didn't deserve to win at all. Lame

Thursday I took Andrew to breakfast. It was wonderful. We went down to the Oak Table in Kingston.  The prices are too high but the food is really good. It is where Andrew used to work.  Andrew is my grandson...17 year old Senior in high school...and I am so proud to be his grandma!

We talked mostly about the Lord. We talked about false teachers, things to be aware of, God, his presence, etc... God has given Andrew a great wisdom, insight and love. I am so proud of Andrew and so thankful to God. God has big plans for this boy.

Friday night we went to Ryan's graduation!!!! It was in Bremerton. Friday nights are terrible!!!!  We were going to go to our favorite restaurant for dinner and I was excited for the evening. Well, Ryan called and said the traffic was backed up for miles on the other side of Bremerton so we skipped dinner there. We decided to just stop by Burger King on the way to graduation. It was packed. So we kept driving and went to Jack in the Box on the east side of Bremerton. ugh!!!! It was so nasty.  It was dirty and the curly fries were nasty and they screwed up my order. The evening wasn't going so well.  We get to the auditorium and looking for a place to sit. Lanny wants to sit way in the back to make a hasty departure (just like church) and he didn't want to get too far from the bathroom.  While looking for a spot to sit I missed a step and fell down two.  I jarred my back and right side.  Doesn't feel too good today. Not just my back but kind of all over. So we sat in back and I thought "this night sucks!!!!" Then Ryan came to where we were sitting and that made my night.  We are sooooo proud of him. After 4 years he graduated from the Apprenticeship program!  It is huge!  It was awesome to see him get his diploma.  I screwed up when he went up there and thought I was recording it and it flashed and I tried to see but by then he was done shaking hands with all the Navy Captains etc.  I thought "of course!" So then I was more crabby.  I did get these pictures of Andrew and Lauren who looked sooo nice!




oh, and here is the graduation...ryan is in there somewhere.

We snuck out the back after that and were driving home and getting paranoid of traffic. So Lanny pulls over and lets me drive. I was less nervous driving than riding...but still really tense when I got home.  Then cried because I worried that I ruined Lanny's night too. We were both pretty cranky by the time we got home. I don't know if it was the night or if it is because the doctor switched my anti-depressant last week.  Even Lanny stopping on our way out of there to use the bathroom irritated me!  So today I am paying for it in pain. lol!

Papa just went to walmart. I am going back to bed. That's the name of that.  Have a great Saturday and Sunday!!! Go Seahawks!


1 comment:

Theresa said...

Hmmm, didn't see this one either! Love those pictures of your sweet grandchildren! They are growing up TOOOOOO fast, aren't they! Take care and I am sending you a BIG HUG!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14