WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Saturday, March 9, 2013

All about Friends


The first thing I want to say today is the thing that is on my heart right now. Her name is Lauren.  Not my grand daughter, Lauren, but a sweet and amazing young woman named Lauren.  She is the sister of Meghan (Kevon's ex-wife). She was family to us and still close to many.  They just found out she has stage 2 breast cancer. She will be starting treatment soon.  She needs prayer big-time. She is a hairdresser, wife, and mother of a sweet little toddler boy.  I have cried over this and prayed over this situation. God will help her through. Her whole family through this.  I love her and her family. Please keep them in your prayers too.




This afternoon we are going to get our evil cat shots at Petco.  There is a program called Luvmypet.com   http://www.luvmypet.com/  They travel around and treat your animal at different stores on different dates. And this Saturday they will be in Poulsbo! Yay! The cost is amazing! It will save us about $150.00!  Still haven't decided if we're going to let wild thing outside yet. Makes me a bit nervous.  I don't want anything to happen to him.  Of course, I am talking about the cat that does this to my hand.
It doesn't look as bad as it really is. He is an animal. lol!

It's been a good friendship week for me.  Yesterday I talked with my liberal little friend, Veronica, on the phone for about an hour!  I love her so much. She makes me laugh!!!! And I love to tease her.  She is 26 and worked with me at the preschool before moving to Portland. I miss her so much but she is so happy!!!!

I also went to Starbucks and met up with another girl I was a teacher with at M&M on yesterday!!!!  It was so great to just talk.  Oh, the things we talked about I cannot even mention. lol! She is a sweetie and I love to encourage Sarah.


And the day before my friend Candice called me and we talked forever!  I haven't seen her in a few years. She moved to DC area....now she is back in Seattle area. Because she is a singer/actress...where she is living now is better for her career. But I miss her.  Hoping to hook up soon. When she calls she always sings "I just called to say I love you"!  We laugh a lot too. She is so strong in the Lord too.

Tomorrow is our friends birthday. His name is Ron and they are really some of our bff's. Him and his wife!  Happy birthday Ron!!!!

I just got a call from Lauren and she has something for me and papa.  So I need to take a shower and go over there.  She just got done with her basket ball game that we thought she wouldn't be playing in because of her knee....well, she played. I wish we had known. We would have gone and watched! And it was her last game too!  Oh well.  Best get going! Have a great weekend!!!!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I will most certainly pray for your friend! I believe in the healing power of prayer:)

Love it that you are getting to spend time with friends, in person and on the phone! We all need those girlfriends:)

Have a blessed weekend dear Joyce! BIG HUGS!

Addie said...

I too will pray for Lauren (the friend)..she is just too young to have this happen to her! This is heavy on my heart....but I know my precious Lord is listening!

Love you sweet friend!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14