WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

family...

family...

Month

Month

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Making plans for a great year!


You can make a plan.... but God implements them. I believe that....if He wants it to happen...it will. If he doesn't...it won't.  So I am making plans for this year.  Haven't really made plans for a long time. With mom's health...it was so hard. You never knew what would happen next.
Mainly our first plan is to save money for Papa's car to get tuned up and reset. Timing chain and stuff we are looking at over $1,000.  Then comes papa's truck. It has been sitting for 4 years... just trips around the block to keep it running.  Probably another grand. We have camping trips planned!!! One in May at Flagler, another one in June for our family Group Camp out, one in July at the Dosewallips, and another one in September at Flagler again (our favorite place).  Very excited about these trips!  Disappointed about the South Dakota trip not happening...but I am filling up my happiness now with camping trips. I know Don & Heather are coming to the group one. I am hoping they can come to another one too! It is a long haul for them. :(
After the truck is done... I want to work on my home.  I want to redo my kitchen...new floors and counter tops. I want to get new windows through the house. Paint of course. Plus papa has plans. It is nice to set goals.
I am doing good on my food goals. Cut way back on the carbs and no added sugar. It isn't easy since all I ate was carbs. lol!  But my doctor is SO UNHAPPY with my glucose readings. I average over 300. yikes. Pray for me or she will put me on insulin at night. It is serious. I finally get it.
Work has been ok.  Have some stuff to work on. Meeting with Marcey today. Pray for me as I try to do my best as Site Supervisor and teacher. I have to juggle both and I don't feel like I am doing a great job at either one.
Papa and I did great meeting our goals last year.... except the weight and health thing. But he does walk every day. Rain or shine. Changed a lot in our eating. We also got out of debt. No credit cards ever again. No debt. He also retired!  That is awesome. Got the van done...new timing chain and tuned up etc.... and I got a job!!!!
Please pray for Ryan & Amanda's backs....both tweaked them bad. Amanda did hers while trying to help Ryan by finding the rice pack. :(  I know how back pain feels. 
Got off at 1:00 yesterday because we were low on kids. Stopped and saw Karla and Gracie. What a sweet cat! 
Well...best go and get my day on. 


2 comments:

Theresa said...

Good morning dear friend! I am making plans for the new year too! Exercise is tops! I am ashamed that I just don't do any... except for shopping and that is pretty sad! I am going to be lacing up my walking shoes and heading to the park:) Have blessed day my friend, BIG HUGS and many blessings for 2012!!!!! Get healthy! Love you!

Julie said...

Awesome goals ...Kudos! They say the first step in actually moving toward a goal is to "Write-It-Down!"...If it is just floating around in your head, it will eventually get spun out of your thoughts circulation because...yep...life comes at ya fast, and pretty soon all those daily URGENT things take the place of the intended IMPORTANT things...
I love to have a List that gets CROSSED OFF!!!. It works best for my ADD hubby too. His mind is always going down a hundred different paths. Writing it down helps him to stay on course...I am trying to help him be INTENTIONAL this year. KEEP ON dear bloggy sis. AMEN,...make plans and ask God to keep us on HIS course... HUGS JOYCE! xoxoxo

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14