Happy New Year! It is officially 2012! Got a phone call from my brother in Virginia, Douglas. He just got done saving a life.... putting a stint in a 30 year old man! I am proud of my brother. He is a good guy and I love him!!! Happy New Year Douglas. I am sad because we won't see him this year. We were suppose to go to South Dakota and now we are not. We have been tossing this around for the past couple weeks. Papa really wants to get our truck running. It hasn't had new tabs or been running for a couple of years. We haven't had the money. He needs to get the $1500 tune up on his car. New timing chain and the works. There are things that have to be worked on and fixed around the house. Money money money. Plus my back is always a concern. Same reason we don't get to Heathers. Papa's legs and hips get to hurting him. We are old. I think my parents were healthier than us all those years we took them back there!!! I am just so sad I hurt my sister. I am sorry!!!!!
We have two main resolutions. To get healthier and to enjoy life! I don't have a choice with the first. Went to the doctors Friday and she is wonderful. She never calls me fat.. she just says I need to get healthier and I can get off most of my meds. If you know anything about diabetes.. my insulin numbers have been between 230 - 450. My average is 325. So we are trying to fix that. No wonder I don't feel good most of the time. Spacey headed, tired and sleepy, and just not so great!
I think I am going to cut out carbs as much as possible. That's my downfall. And quantity. And walk again. yech.
Yesterday we took Lauren and Andrew to see "We Bought A Zoo". Personally...I thought it would have been funnier. Plus there was a lot of swearing in it which I was surprised by. Lauren looked over at me and whispered "I hear more than this on the bus." lol! Do parents really know what their kids are saying when they are away from home? They would be shocked.
Took Andrew to meet his friend. They were going to Seattle to see the Space Needle fireworks. I was very stressed because we had to hurry...and that he was going to be in Seattle at night!!!!
Speaking of which...I was so stressed yesterday!!! First....I am a people pleaser big time and hate to hurt anyone. Second...Andrew drove my van from his house to Red Apple store! I didn't know he hadn't driven on highway yet!!! I was a basket case! I get nervous with papa....who has been driving for almost 50 years and is a very good driver. I am a nervous rider...ask anyone. Thirdly, we had to hurry and get Andrew to his friends after the movie so he could catch the boat....that stressed me! Next, I noticed I left my purse at the theater!!!! So we had to go back and get it! I had to wait in the lobby about 15 minutes waiting for a manager. My back ached, my stomach hurt, I was stressed, but it was locked up in the office with everything intact. Thank you, God!!!!
Last night we watched a movie which got over at 12... switched it for the countdowns on TV..space needle one didn't have a countdown on the screen. That bummed me. But the time square one did. We would flip the channel back and forth! The 3 of us yelled happy new year and we got big huggings and squeezings and kisses from Lauren!!!! Papa went to bed.... Lauren and I goofed around and laughed and tickled and then went to bed. It was actually a great way to bring in the New Year!
I know Lauren missed Maddie last night....but Maddie was very busy with her new cat, Gracie! They got it yesterday and they all fell in love. I can't wait to meet her!
Well....going to take down Christmas Decorations today and tomorrow I am going to lunch with Veronica and discussing school plans. We are going to be more of a tag team this year. I am giving her more to do and looking forward to it! I think she is excited too! :D
Have a great 2012!
WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!
This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...
family...
My Pages
Month
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
January
(13)
- Monday is a good day....right?
- FRIDAY!!! YAY!
- happy or sad
- Wonderful Sunday
- Surprise guests over night!
- Walking in a winter wonderland!!!!
- yuk...not a fun day
- Short and sweet (no sugar though!)
- Happy Birthday Kev!
- The ladies I have loved and lost....
- Big decisions.....and lots of thoughts....
- Making plans for a great year!
- First day of the year!
-
▼
January
(13)
Total Pageviews
Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:
The new year is here! ...just another day to some...but to others a definite marker..a sign on the road of LIFE for a fresh start at many things...the things we screwed up on??...history!!...lessons learned from it??...wisdom for tomorrow! RAH! It's ALL what you make of it!
Hope your back is better girl. YAY for the honest person who turned your purse in...intact! and opportunities to travel will come in the future...you may have to be spontaneous...(I am learning!) HUGS!!! xoxo
Happy New Year dear Joyce! I pray that this New Year will be wonderful, fresh, happy, healthy and peaceful! I have got to start back walking too! They were just saying on one of the morning shows that just 30 minutes is a good start! I CAN do 30 minutes:) Have a blessed day my friend, I am still sitting in my favorite chair sipping coffee and enjoying every minute! HUGS!
Post a Comment