WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, January 20, 2012

Walking in a winter wonderland!!!!

Today is much better! Already...and it is only 6 a.m.  I guess it is because my life is good.  Even housebound.  I started feeling a bit better yesterday. The old monthly occurance never materialized.  Just a bladder infection. My doctor called and had the pharmacy fill a prescription for me. Kevon went and picked it up when he got off work.  Him and Jerk brought it to me. So nice of him!!!!  And it was good to see Jerk again. I love him! He's been Kevon's friend since high school.  So I'm on the road to recovery. I'm glad he was able to make it here with 4 wheel drive.

We did get a walk in yesterday. I figured I had to get outside at least once during this Snowmaggedon!!! lol!  Here are some pictures!
Should I go out???

That is an icicle he is holding. brrr

he looks like such a dork. lol!

Not cold yet!

Looking down our road...you can't even see land across the water!

Papa and Toby

Alright...it is getting a bit cold!



Nose is getting redder!!!!!

This is soooo fun!!!!

still fun

Lots of crows in the trees....it would be Karla's nightmare!


I just thought these looked cool. Or cold. lol

Main road covered too!




I don't know what today brings. I may just remain at home with this infection. Papa has no plans of driving either. So.... I guess I will remain home.  The temps haven't gone up.... still in the 20's so nothing thawed and ice remains. It is pretty but dangerous. But it is suppose to start raining and warming up....then we have flooding. If it ain't one thing it's the other!!!  I'm thankful my family is safe.  God, continue to protect them.

Here is our forecast:

Today

snowOccasional light freezing drizzle or snow in the morning...then rain in the afternoon. No snow accumulation. Additional ice accumulations of a tenth of inch or less. Highs near 40. Light wind becoming southeast 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
nt_rainBecoming windy...rain. Lows near 40. Southeast wind 10 to 20 mph becoming south 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph late.






2 comments:

Julie said...

Yay my prayer was answered. Rah for Kevon. so glad you got your meds. glad you don't have to go to work. Glad you got a snow stroll in and Toby too! LOVE the plant photos...yes SO pretty and colorful. The bright side of Winter...And yes..Guys don't care if they look like a Dork or anything crazy when it is cold. :-)
Girls care a lot more, but I have found the older I get, the LESS I care....it's all about COMFORT and WARMTH!...Last night my man finally said these words (gasp!)...I don't care WHERE you are from...IT is Freakin' COLD out there. (he had just spread IceMelt on the drive).
the temp was -1 out there..windchill??? who knows? Don't CARE..not - going - out!!!
It is snowing like MAD as I type. Kam's school was closed for the day. Glory Hallelujah!!! Have a great day Joyce and prayers that you feel MUCH better now that you have the meds. HUGS!!! xoxo

Theresa said...

Beautiful pictures! The snow is fun and pretty BUT not for very long! Thankfully you are getting some much needed rest and healing time! I am happy to hear that you are feeling better:)

Enjoy this day my friend, BIG HUGS

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14