WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, June 27, 2008

dr appointment over...

I am loving the forecast for the next few days! Are we finally getting summer? And you can't tell me it's always this late.....look at my past memory pics! Does my site seem faster since I took off the scrolling pictures and just put on the one at the top? I did it for those that say it takes awhile to open my site.





This next section is all about my physical....it you're not interested...scroll down:
Well, yesterday was my physical. It lasted 1 and 1/2 hours....mostly with doc! If you know me and doctors....I postpone and put off until I'm half dead. But this appointment is more important than you'll know. Anyway.....my weight is up, my height is down. Help, I'm shrinking! She didn't discuss my weight much except she's not hot on diet pills (and yes....I asked!). They are a short term solution to a long term problem. She was more concerned about other things, I think. My blood pressure was 144/92...so naturally she wasn't pleased about that and I am now on a new medication. My pulse was good at 74. We did the fun physical exam stuff. She was listening and thinks I have a heart mummer but not sure. We did an EKG but nothing showed up there....it looked pretty good. So she wants me to go see Johnson and have a Echocardiogram....to see if its a mummer or valve problem and because of my shortness of breath. She wants a stress test done, too, but not until they check this out first to make sure it's ok I have one! I have to come back for blood work to test my cholesterol and blood sugar. Last November my cholesterol levels were fine....but you never know now. With my family history she wants it all checked. I have to get the mammogram I am postponing. Since there is no history of cancer on either side of the family....she said I can get by with doing it every 2 years...but it's time to get started. I told her I had been holding off until they found a nice way to do it! lol! And I am now on anti-depressant meds. Very low dose to see if it helps. Will let you know. Maybe a job would help! lol! This week has been a good one for me because I've been surrounded by kids all week....but it's normally not like that. My grandkids always make me happy! I feel I have a purpose. Dr. Chun told me my kids may not need me to physically be there to physically help them anymore....but they do need me to physically be here for emotional support and love... so I better start taking care of myself! Well...there is my health...what we know.




If you skipped over this.....yesterday we got the news that Shorty's daughter Sylvia died from lung cancer Wednesday. Her dad was Lanny's step grandpa....so she was like his step aunt? She was a nice lady. We got a Christmas card from her and Dave every year. She never forgot. On a lighter note....Lauren and Andrew got to go to Auntie Karla's while I went to the doctor. They loved that. Took Maddie and Dylan with me after that to the store and then home....the long way. Nice drive. The kids played and ate and played and ate. Two of their favorite things to do at mam's. Papa's off most of the day today! Yippee! Andrew is very happy about that! He loves his papa! Have a great day today and may God continue to shine on it!



Today: Sunny and warm. Highs near 80.



Saturday: Sunny and hot. High 80s



Sunday: Sunny and hot. Highs near 90.



Monday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14