WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Sunday, July 29, 2012

picnics, ears and chainsaws......

My memory pictures.....
Maddie and Lauren brushing their teeth and getting their hair fixed in 2005. That is how I distracted them while doing their hair....they loved brushing their teeth!

Maddie in 2006. Gotta love them eyes!!!!

It is Sunday morning.... Sunday: the day I have been waiting for!!!!!!!!! Parker and Patrick are coming over today!!!! They are staying with us for 2 weeks! I am beyond excited.  Got the menu and meals all planned out.  Dylan is coming over and spending the night tonight.  He is pretty excited too! Tomorrow we pack up and go camping for a couple days up to Fort Flagler. We love it up there!  Dylan and I have been planning out games like Capture the Flag, Fear Factor, Baseball, etc... lots of stuff.  All the meals are planned.... just have to make some potato salad and brownies today!!!  And, of course, pack.  Going to miss Maddie.... she doesn't get to come this trip. :(

Didn't do anything the past couple days. Literally nothing. Oh that is not true. I broke my high score on solitaire. I cleaned the den, toy room ready for Parker, dining room table off again, the living room is clean and so is my desk.  There isn't much to do. Keeping it clean helps. I have no recordings left on my DVR. Papa went to a memorial service for his cousin-in-law yesterday.  He got to visit with all his cousins. That was good. I am having major ear problems.... that is why I didn't go.  Stuff has been leaking from my ear, it hurts, I am dizzy a lot, and it is popping and crackling.  I hate it. Going to the doctor tomorrow.

Been chatting with a friend from my high school days while doing this...Cindy Beck.  We had so much fun together....and did so many things we shouldn't have done! lol!  I miss her.  She lives on the other side of the state. :(

Andrew and Lauren came over and he helped papa cut down the tree that was leaning on the fence.  Papa taught him how to use the chainsaw. He did good. The old man across the street came over and supervised too.  He reminded me of my dad.... that is what he would have done.  And put his two cents in. My dad was a great supervisor! lol!  It bothered Andrew that the guy was there pointing things out.  Teenagers.  We were very thankful Andrew helped.... I took him and Lauren with me for a ride.... had a picnic in the van and went to Falls View Campground and swung by Seal Rock where Karla and the family was suppose to be...but they were off hiking to the Elkhorn.  It was fun.... Andrew and I got to really talk....we haven't done that in a while!  Lauren watched cartoons.
You can kind of see Andrew in there!!!!

Meanwhile.... Lauren playing on computer!

Papa and Andrew behind the ferns!

Later.... checking out the waterfall!
Well... I should go make some stuff for camping and take a shower. I hope you all have an awesome day.... may God bless you!



2 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh you are smiling... YES you are:) I know you are in Hog Heaven with the plans you are making! Grandchildren are our hearts, aren't they? Enjoy your time with them, tell everyone hello from me! HUGS! (I hope you get to feeling better)

Julie said...

Ya'll Have fun, and hope your ear gets better so it won't mess with your trip!! xoxoxo

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14