Yesterday was such a blessing! My last day at Martha and Mary Children's Learning Center. I loved it. I loved it all! It was a huge blessing and I felt God's hand in the whole day!
I went early because I knew we were having the Parade of Colors! It is when the kids dress up in Red, White and Blue and we go to the Nursing home and dance and walk and march up and down the halls playing patriotic music and the residence sit out in their wheel chairs in the halls waving flags. The grandma's and grandpa's love it. So do the kids.
| Crammed in the elevator! Aren't they cute???? |
When we finished and we started to walk back to the school next door... I looked up as our patriotic music was still playing and saw an eagle flying overhead! It was the coolest thing! We see eagles often around here..but the timing of this was amazing. Sarah Burke and I both almost cried!!!! (it was her last day too).
School was good...they had a potluck of chicken, julienne potatoes, a couple salads, spaghetti, etc...and a cake with ladybugs on it!
It was nummy....and Benji and his mom brought a cake for my last day too that they made!
So we sugared out!
One of the highlights of the day was grandson Andrew coming to the school. He passed everything so he is an official volunteer for Martha & Mary. He spent several hours with us and the kids love him SO MUCH! He not only took away the sadness and tears for the place....he brought laughter and fun! Thanks, Bud! You're awesome!
Andrew stayed all the way until closing. Leaving was so much easier. No sadness. So cool he has his license too! Before closing Monica and her mom, Priscilla, and sister showed up and Monica had a pretty pink dress on and brought me pink carnations!!!! It was soooo sweet. I need to get Priscilla to send me the picture she took so I can post it.
After work I drove to Red Robin and met with the teachers Sarah Burke (she taught Jr. Kindergarten and is moving to Texas to teach and live.... so it was her last day too), Sarah Farris (who is taking Sarah Burke's place and was my awesome assistant the past couple months) and Linda....who has also been an amazing assistant and will hopefully take over my class). We had a good time laughing and talking. I will miss them....made life long friendships I will always cherish.
Came home and chilled. Felt good. See why I had an awesome day? No tears....lots of laughts.....Joanna and Arlene were not there all day....no stress in the building....a great lunch....great dinner.....great time spent with grandson (which I don't get much anymore).... a great encouraging phone conversation with my d-i-l Amanda, an eagle sighting, great exercising through the halls of the nursing home AND I got to say good bye to Chad.
Chad is the CEO at Martha & Mary... I used to teach his son, Grant, who is one of the sweetest and smartest kids I have had the pleasure to care for! He also insisted I get a raise awhile back. His dad and I got along great. When we were going next door with the kids he was parking his van and walked with us. He was shocked to hear it was my last day!!!! He just stared at me and when I asked why he said "There are just so many questions running through my head." I said "Well, I'll come in and answer them all any time you want. I'll be free." So he pulled out his cell and asked what number would be best for him to reach me at...and he put it in his cell. I wonder if I will be hearing from him? I hope so because I would like to talk to him. :D
It is almost 8 and papa & Toby are awake now. I am excited about the rest of the week. Thursday I am having lunch with Marcey....my old boss. Friday I am having lunch with Karla and Tara! So it will be a good week.
I am also excited about the rest of my life! I feel like life is like a garden.....and one of the most beautiful and exciting thing about a garden is the anticipation it provides. I cannot wait to see what the rest of my life holds. Knowing my God....it will be a bouquet of blessing! Have a great day!!!
I am leaving you with past 4th of July pictures...... I love memory pictures!










2 comments:
HAHA all that sugar!!..those kids were probably like firerockets hitting the ceiling after eating all that!! Glad you had Andrew to make the day so much better and not a smidgen of sad tears...rah! I am thinking the "white horse" story right about now...only seeing a sliver of the sum...God is still working - putting another piece of the puzzle in...(NOT taking a piece away!!!) it's all making the picture come together...(NOT fall apart)...HE knows this. :-) Enjoy your "down time" for now...because yes...you just don't know what you will be doing come Fall!!! :-) But you can definitely REST and trust that GOD knows and HE will unveil it when everything is in place. HUGS to you - Happy Fourth JOYCE! LOVED seeing the pics with mama!! xoxoxo
Oh my friend! I had a peace in my heart that you were making the right decision! I pray that your garden blooms every day and that you are SO happy! I bet Papa is happy to have a partner in retirement! Have a blessed day my friend! Happy 4th to you all! HUGS!
Post a Comment