WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

family...

family...

Month

Month

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mostly mama....

I started to post yesterday and then we had to leave so I never published it.  So here I go at 3 a.m. because the cough is keeping me up like every single night. I am so tired of it. I have been on this antibiotic for 6 days hoping it will work. So far it doesn't feel like it.

I have nothing to complain about when I look at mom, though. She needs SO much pushing to get her to do anything! I spent time with her yesterday.  When Lanny, Lauren and I got there she was asleep.  She had eaten 1 bite of banana, a few bites of cereal, and spilled her hot chocolate all over herself, the bed, the tray, her glasses and cell phone. It is not so great to find her like that... so I washed her glasses and cell, moved her tray and washed her table. Mom woke up and the Physical Therapist walked in to work with mom.  Mom wasn't happy.... but she got mom dressed and I brushed her hair. She told me to just go home... which stung a bit but didn't deter me.  Mom walked half way down the hall with a walker...then had to sit in the wheel chair. She got quite a talking to from the PT about what will happen if she doesn't try and becomes bedridden.  It will not be pretty.  Mom walked the rest of the hall, sat down on a wicker sofa, and did some leg exercises.  After that she walked all the way back to her room...almost. She got to the door and a nurse wanted her to go a little farther and get weighed. Mom sat in the wheel chair for the rest of it.  We were proud of her that she walked that far!!!! The nurse said mom was like a cow going to her barn for the night...only to find out she had to go further. lol! Great analogy! We left mom to rest.

Took Lauren to Blu Berry. It is a new popular yogurt place that everyone loves. It was good.  We all had some and we ate it all. It was such a great day to sit outside.
Lauren with her frozen yogurt!
Then we went to Arby's for a sandwich... lol! Reverse order. Amanda and Andrew came and picked up Lauren there to take her for her haircut.  We finished lunch and I dropped off papa at Sears then went to DQ to get mama a Hawaiian Blizzard....her favorite. 
We took it back to her and she loved it. Well, she ate about an inch of it....took her pills with it. She is giving the nurse trouble when it comes time to take her pills. Those were her morning pills she was taking and it was 3:00!  Libby will get on her today about it too. She says her tummy gets upset...but her pills are important too! After I fed her the ice cream Karla and Joel arrived to visit her! She was happy to see them!  I went and talked to the nurse to give them time to talk.  I told the nurse maybe she would eat more if it was finger food, a soft boiled egg, ice cream, stuff she likes and what might not overwhelm her. She sees a big tray of food coming and gets sick to her stomach!  When I finally got ready to leave I made sure they cleaned her up and put her back into a nightgown and tucked her in and said goodnight.  She is so tired....all the time tired. She wants every one to leave her alone.

Well, it is 4 in the morning now and I think I am done coughing so I will see if I can try to get some more sleep. Maddie is spending the night tonight!  I don't want to fall asleep at 5 p.m.

Got our Nutrisystem food... went through and sorted it last night.  We start on Monday. Wish me luck! As I was unpacking this boxed food.... I was trying to picture Marie Osmond doing the same thing....just couldn't see it happening.





 We are giving it a try for a month. It really can't hurt us, right?  Well... I need to sleep. Just wanted to update you on mama.  Thank you for your prayers! Our family thanks you! Love to all!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Thank you for the update! I was worried about you all! I know your Mama is tired and probably hates being in the hospital BUT keep pushing her:) She will appreciate it after she is all better! Give her a hug from me!Love you all!

Joyce said...

mom is in a nursing facility in Silverdale...Northwoods Lodge. It is very nice and doesn't even look like a hospital. Staff is great, food is good. She should be happy. But nothing makes her happy right now. Not even our visits. :(

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14