WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Friday, September 2, 2011

The good, the bad, and the ugly.



Ok....this is not going to be a "happy" blog.  Well, except one bit of happiness in my day.
THE GOOD: After work I went with Veronica and we had dinner at Jack in the Box!  It was so nice just to sit there and relax and catch up with her!  I tell ya, I love that girl!  I shared with her the challenges in work and with my mom...I can pour out my heart to her knowing nothing will leave the table. And she shares with me her dreams and hesitations and dilemma's in life.  I don't know how we bonded like that at a job, but we did.  I think there is always that one person you work with that stays your friend.... and Veronica is my person. Yesterday I found out who I can trust and not.





THE BAD: Besides dinner..... yesterday sucked.  I went and got mom's cell phone.  Went and took it to her. She still did not have bars on her bed. The aide was kind of short with me. So I called Dr. Connie and asked her to order them for mom. They better be up when I get there today. The bed is small, I am afraid she is going to fall out....plus she can use the bars to turn over.  The PT called and said she wanted a meeting with the family.  I won't have time....but Libby called her back and her and Lois are going to see her on Wednesday.  My job is so in the way right now it is frustrating. I wanna help with mom.  Mom was tired. When she rang the bell to be taken to the bathroom the aide comes in mumbling "I thought someone had already been in to see if she had to go.". That started her and I off on the wrong foot with me. 
Mom was tired....in every way possible. I did make her smile! That was the other highlight of my day!  But I spent most of the time telling her how much I loved her and needed her and to not give up!
Libby went to see her in the afternoon.  She had been taken to get a catscan and to see Dr. Vasin. That made me angry that they never notified us. We always go to the doc with her! Libby ran over there and got to talk with the doctor anyway..... not good news. He said mom is very, very, very sick. She is dehydrated so he is putting her on IV. Things are shutting down and there is nothing we can do to stop them.  Libby said we need to make her comfortable and pain free. She doesn't think mom will be around long.  That hurts so much...but in my heart I know she is right.   Mom loves us but she is so tired.  That's the only way to explain mom right now.  Not only did her sis and son leave....which depresses her anyway....but she is sick again. There is so much going on with her I cannot even explain on this blog.  Just pray for us all. I am going in again this morning to talk with her.


THE UGLY: School sucked.  Fifteen kids....I felt sick...kept coughing.  Some were not listening and when I had to raise my voice to get their attention... I would cough. Too much talking....I would cough.  Couldn't read a book....I would cough.  Bad stuff. Up most of the night...even vomiting with this cough. Sucks. My word of the day. 


I talked with Chad a bit when he picked up his son. He is so encouraging!!!!!


Well...need to get ready to go..... so tell me if anyone recognizes this person on the right in this picture. I have my thoughts but I am waiting to see if you agree.... have a good day!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I don't know who that person is on the right:) in the last picture!

I am so sorry that your Mama is just not doing well! I know that she is tired of being sick and just plain tired BUT I pray that she gathers up some steam so that she can get better!

BIG HUGS and lots of prayers for the cough to go away, for your Mama to feel better and for the job to stop sucking:)

Love you all!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14