It is Saturday morning and I am so excited to see Heather, Josh and Jared today!!! They are coming over for Taco dinner! The other two boys and Don couldn't make it over, but I am thankful for the ones that could!!!! I will take pictures!
Things are going great here! Maddie had a game on Tuesday and Thursday. On Tuesday it was kind of fun because papa cooked hot-dogs and brought buns and chips and we had dinner in the van. We always sit in the van when we go to their games now. It has been so cold this season! Lauren's team played Maddie's on Thursday but Lauren wasn't there. Last Tuesday at school she fell off a log and hurt her hand. She was hurting all week but was able to move it around. By Friday Amanda decided it should probably be x-rayed. So we got Lauren from school and met her mom at the doctor. Thankfully it wasn't broken but bruised bad in her thumb area. We were all relieved. I don't know if she will be up to playing her last two games though. Monday's is against Maddie's team again!
It poured on Wednesday. Riley had a makeup game scheduled but they moved it down to Port Orchard so we didn't make it. It was her last home game. They did good!
![]() |
| Lauren 2013 |
![]() |
| Maddie 2013 |
![]() |
| Riley 2013 |
It is such a peaceful morning on the deck. Already in the 60's and I am dressed and ready for my day to start. Ate my mini-wheats and drinking coffee and blogging. Life is good.
Yesterday I saw an old friend from high school days. He was older than I and treated me like his little sister. His name is Rodney George. He was a strong, tough Indian who wouldn't take crap from anyone or let people give me crap. He was funny and kind. Now he is in a wheel chair. I am not sure why. But it was so wonderful to see him and talk with him. We have both physically changed and aged but we also became smarter. Oh, and before you correct me on calling him an Indian instead of and Native American... Indian is a proud title and most of the ones I am friends with wear it with honor. I am not sure when the title got changed..maybe when the blacks became African Americans? I don't know if I should put White on my applications or other (Norwegian American). I really consider us all Americans. Why are things still so separate?
Heartsick about the round of tornadoes that came through Oklahoma again. I understand they live in Tornado Alley but I am praying for a break for them!
Yesterday the neighbor lady moved her old trailer out and is getting a small house built like her neighbor did. It will be nice when it is done. It was interesting watching the move take place last night.
| Toby was only watching their dog. They hate each other. |
We ended up taking it off for awhile. We felt bad for him. Now he is free and ready to hunt!
Papa washed bedding last night and threw in Lauren's Kunufflebunny. She has to sleep with it every time she comes over and spends the night. It was Grandma Langager's so it is very precious to her.
Well, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend! I'll be back soon! xoxo

.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment