WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

family...

family...

Month

Month

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's 2013 already!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!





Yesterday we spent all day at the hospital! My friend Nell had a heart attack!  She is also Jael's mom.  Jael called at 10 a.m. to see if I could take them to the hospital because she was experiencing some chest problems.  Then Bruce Jacola (the YWAM friends they are staying with up the road) drove her instead. So I picked up Andrew to be a comfort for Jael and we went to the hospital. I am so glad I did. She really needed Andrew's strength and hugs.
Waiting in the "waiting room" while her mom was getting tests done.

Dinner time

Andrew found a nearby phone booth! Superman!!!!

Racing to the window to see New Year's Eve fireworks. He was in a rolling recliner and she was running. lol

He kept her distracted...which was good.  She was pretty upset.  She handled herself so well.  I was impressed by her poise and strength....and I knew the Lord was with her.
Fortunately it was not an "acute" heart attack. And it didn't damage her heart. She didn't have blockage. She got to leave with medication which will repair the vessels. I am happy! We all are! Jael and I went and picked her up this morning. Of course, she didn't get out until this afternoon.

One thing it really did was to open my eyes.  I have been thinking of how unhealthy I am....the worst ever!!!!  This really shook me to the core. I am not going to live long if I don't try to reverse some of the damage.  It is my responsibility!!!!

I have been thinking about New Years Resolutions.  I have to do something.  The word that sums it up is "Responsibility"!!!!  I need to be more responsible. Which means the things that no one else is responsible for.... my weight, my eating, my physical fitness, my home, my cooking, my cleaning,  just so much!!!!  So if this one word sums up my changes.... I need to take little steps to get where I need to this year!  Off we go....

Lauren and I had so much fun last night!  Andrew and Jael went to a party and danced their feet off.  Jael spent the night here and Andrew spent the night up the road at a friends house.  We watched some TV.... just before midnight we switched to Dick Clark's rockin' New Year. We toasted and hugged and yelled Happy New Year!!! Lauren was so excited her little hands were shaking! Then we went out on the deck because our neighbors were shooting fireworks.
Lauren and I played Phase 10 at 1:30 in the morning! She thought that was so cool! And we watched Sound of Music. When she stopped singing I figured she was going to sleep. It was almost 3 a.m.! She got to sleep in until noon! She slept on the couch, I slept in my recliner. I was cold!  The cat started bugging me about 6 a.m. it  drove me crazy. But Jael and I had to leave by 9:30 anyway.

So tonight I am tired. It is only 7:30 and I am ready for bed!  Made a nummy pork roast tonight.   Papa put potatoes and carrots and the roast in a crock pot  I had to switch it to the oven for the last hour. So good and tender. Tomorrow night is pulled pork.  Just need to figure out how it is all going to fit into my healthy eating.  Well, I guess I had better get going so I can watch a little TV with papa. Criminal Minds.

Have a great week.... will try to blog a little more this year.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I will pray for your friend! It sounds like she listened to what her body was saying and that could have kept it from being so bad!

Happy New Year to you dear Joyce! I pray that it is going to be a Happy and Healthy one for all of us! HUGS!

Julie said...

I am SO sorry to hear that about Nell. I do hope she is already feeling better, and bless Jael's heart. That had to be scary ...
Glad that she had Andrew and you! Hugs to you. You are a strong friend Joyce! xoxo

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14