Decided to get rid of the cat the other day. But papa has been kind of sore at me since then....making snide little comments. Yes, I said snide. He loves that kitty. He will put his arm down and Kitkat will run to him and wrap his arms and legs around it....ouch. Then papa picks him up. So weird. They play alot together and the kitty sure loves him a lot too!!! whatever. So he stays. Papa loves it that he is getting spots on his back. He is cute. He has been playing all morning without a break. Hopefully he will sleep about 8 hours!
Watching the news on the hurricane coming in. Suppose to hit in a few hours. My brother and his family live in Virginia. I am thankful they are not on the coast. Praying for all those people who are!!!! They still are in a state of emergency and it really hasn't hit yet.
Been a busy weekend. I am not even sure when it started! It seemed like most of the week was the weekend. Friday we went to Central Market and had biscuits and gravy. It was me, Andrew, Lauren and Annika....we met Nell and Jael....and Karla dropped off Dylan and Maddie. It was a bit crazy and hectic with everyone. Then all 6 of the kids got in my van and we went to my house. Kit kat stayed crazy. Maddie freaked out. It was a little crazy. That is the only word I can use. Jael must think we are absolutely insane. I think Annika knew it!
It is so hard to concentrate on this with Fox news on about Hurricane Sandy. I do want to post a pic of Lauren and her guitar....her Uncle Kevon is teaching her to play. She is doing good....
Took kids home....Maddie and Dylan were going to spend the night....but Maddie didn't want to without Lauren and couldn't. So Karla came and got the kids. Made me sad. A huge part of it was the cat.
Saturday afternoon Lauren came and spent the night. We didn't do much. She watched Netflix and we watched iCarly and went to bed. She slept with me and we locked the cat out for Papa to deal with. lol. Toby slept with us.
Sunday morning we picked up Maddie and went to Bayside church. Papa stayed home to watch the Seahawks lose. I took the kids to their class....and went up to the sanctuary. Sad no one said hi to me except the lady giving me the bulletin. Even people who knew me. Weird......and it was so balmy and hot in there. I left during music and went downstairs to cool off. It was nicer to be alone and read a book. I was sad though. Our former Pastor Barry said today maybe the Lord is showing me we need to commute. lol.
The girls got out and we went to McDonald's for lunch. Then I took Lauren home for a birthday party. Maddie and I went to Silverdale to Ross's (bought nothing), then to Barnes & Noble at the Mall. Got Maddie a Bible she wanted. Then to Claire's where she got glasses. Left the mall and went to the Dollar store and I got some water bottles and stuff. Maddie didn't want anything. She thought we were going to Walmart and was upset we weren't. I wasn't feeling well at all. Feverish all day, sweaty, bad headache, sore throat and earache. I needed to go home. It was nice spending time with Maddie though. She's a good girl.
Joel got a deer. If you are not on Karla's Facebook ...you need to see what Maddie said....love it:
When Joel got his deer and cut his finger, Maddie was concerned that he keep it covered up when he was cleaning the deer. I thought that was really intelligent of her to remember about cleanliness of wounds and stuff. Then she said in a whisper "if deer blood mixes with his blood, he could get pregnant with deer babies." Oh, um. So I guess it's about time to have the talk about where babies come from, because that sure isn't it.
Well.....this morning was weird. Power went out in parts of Kingston, Port Gamble and part of Poulsbo. Tree went down. Just made life weird ...but was good in a way because I got to take Andrew to school and we had a great time talking. I love spending time with my grand kids!!!!
Well.....I am going to try to nap now. Sounds like a plan....everyone else is! Til later!!!!!
WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!
This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...
family...
My Pages
Month
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(116)
-
▼
October
(10)
- spots, storms, snobs, Silverdale, and sleeping
- Today is Thursday?
- Bread, bugging, bedroom and breakfasts!!!! What a ...
- Happy Birthday Heather Lynn!
- Making friends and dinner with Maddie!
- Homecoming Dance Pic's I promised.
- so....what's up?
- Happy birthday Ryan!
- Heather, hunting and always hugs!!!!!
- Kit Kat, Sherbert, Tigger, whatever-his-name....
-
▼
October
(10)
Total Pageviews
Thanks for stopping by!
3 comments:
I like being able to read how you are doing Joyce! I miss all of u guys alot, we need to catch up soon for sure. Reading about you going to Church with the girls reminded me of when we all went, it was nice. I always love spending time with you guys. Anyway, I'll talk to u soon, miss u!
Love,
Veronica
Oh girl, I hope the kitty situation gets settled! Sounds like you all are staying busy up there, us too:). Our Grandkids are growing up, aren't they? Enjoy your evening dear friend. Hugs
Dear friend.
I just love you. I love hearing your heart. The honesty and transparency coupled with so much creativity on your page. I can't help but being a bit teary eyed when i think of not knowing you sooner in my life.
Jael didn't think you were crazy. She loved every minute of it....and she needs the noisy family life again. It brings joy to her heart (all of you) and i know as you get to know her, you will be blessed deeply by her ability to hear God and touch others.
See you tomorrow. Next Sunday, we go to church together!
Nell
Post a Comment