So I thought I would write again today. Surprise! I am just watching Dog Whisperer and papa is mowing the lawn. And I just got off the phone with Kevon. Rick Rayment told me to call him to buy me a Fit Bit. Don't think he is going to do it.
I had a long talk with Rick last night about Berta's (his sister) cancer... which they are now saying started in her gall bladder, not pancreas. Making Rick mad. They had already removed her gall bladder when they took out 80% of her liver. The liver grows back in 6-8 weeks so hers his back but they couldn't take all the cancer off it at the time. So they will chemo the rest when she feels up to it. She is still recovering from her surgery and retaining water which has collapsed one lung. If it isn't one thing it's the other. Keep praying for my friend .... practically family. We grew up together in Kirkland in the neighborhood....our parents were best friends. Our families were so close. Their family moved over to Kingston a few years after we did and bought a beauty shop. I introduced Berta to Scott her husband in high school. I know her kids, they know mine. In fact, Rick's stepson, Jay and Kevon are now business partners. They've been close friends since junior high. Life is wonderful how you stay together even though I don't see her as often, you know how that goes. We only live 20 minutes apart. But our family will always have that bond with each other. Please pray for Berta and the family!
 |
| Dennis, Berta and Rick |
 |
| Leon...their dad and was such a great guy! |
 |
| Phyllis, their mom and my other mom |
 |
| Carol, Me, twins Ross and Brent, Berta, and some other kid 1st day of school |
 |
| Berta and Scott at the prom in the 70's |
 |
| Berta and Scott at our class reunion |
I have had dreams about Berta for two nights in a row. :(
Took Scruffy to the vet yesterday. His ear never did clear up we don't think. He seems to always be itching it. He loves to itch and lick. His ear was still in need of treatment. Instead of daily eardrops she flushed and treated the ears and then put a new medication in both ears and it lasts for 2 weeks! Which is really good because when we had to put meds in his ears before he was getting pretty mad at us and it wasn't pretty. She also checked the little bump in his side and tested it (it is a cyst but not cancer or anything). She also squeezed his anal glands. And we are giving him prednizone for a couple weeks to stop his itching. No fleas but we knew that. We use Flea Busters and never have fleas or spiders in our house. Love that stuff. So... the dog slept like a rock last night because he was so tired from his visit. He was 16 pounds when we got him and is now 21. I guess we fattened him up a little bit. Papa is good at that. lol!
Andrew and Lauren went to a Christian Youth Conference this weekend across the ferry with hundreds of kids there loving Jesus! So exciting. Praying they are blessed. Jennifer posted a few pictures I stole.
 |
| Leah, Lauren and Daisy (besties) |
Lunchtime
 |
| Lauren, Daisy and Leah having lunch during conference |
 |
| Nice to see Lauren having fun |
 |
| Andrew in red shirt next to Lauren |
Patrick had another football game last night. Tara and the girls went to it. I read that they kicked butt on the other team. That Patrick is a go-getter! He has a game closer by Yakima next weekend. He really wants papa to see him play. Papa is really thinking about going. I know he would love it! We'll have to see if I am up to going.
I have some things to do this week. Andrew carried the Fall / Halloween decorations into the house so I need to start putting them out. I have pictures to put up on the wall in the den.
Papa went to Walmart. I hope he doesn't spend too much. Sometimes it is dangerous to let him go off by himself. haha!
Well..... I am done for now. I hope your weekend is great! xoxo
1 comment:
Looks like a great time at the conference! LOVE seeing a group of young folks praising God! We need SO much more of that in this world! I will add Berta to my prayer list! Sending HUGS your way! Sounds like you are having much better weather than us:(
Post a Comment