So lets go back and see if you can stay awake through this....
Last Saturday we went to Lauren's school to the Santa breakfast. Lauren was a hostess / waitress and took us to the table and brought us breakfast. It was really good too. We got pancakes, scrambled eggs, ham slices, and orange slices. Nummy!!!! Lauren was adorable. Here is a picture Amanda took and I stole:
Sunday was good. Well, the Seahawks lost but that happens. We are still 11-2 which is a great record. Three more games left and 2 are at home. We'll get to the Superbowl. Yes we will!
Lauren had a donut and that dog wanted it bad. He talked to her! She thought it was pretty funny.
Andrew show up looking for presents. And the decorations with his name or photo on it. ;D
Then he played with the dog.
Is that a mustache growing?
Awww...he loves his mam!
And his sister!!!!
Lauren goes home and this dog sleeps and sleeps....
The animals are getting closer in proximity.
They are waiting for papa to come home.
Loves his papa.
Life is so strange. I was just thinking about my dad and when he passed away. We went and saw him at the hospital on Sunday and he was sitting on the side of the hospital bed visiting with us. He was fine or so we thought. Called him Monday and he told us not to come see him because the doctor said he was getting out Tuesday. His pastor came to see him and they had communion together. I called him that night to tell him good night and we told each other I love you. He died overnight. Strange how life works.
I've been thinking about my parents so much lately. Dreaming about them, too. Maybe it is the time of year. Maybe it is because their first great great granddaughter was born last week. Mother would love her so much!!!!
They grow up so fast. I have had so much fun with my grandkids. Now I see how they are changing. Example Lauren is in 5th grade she is getting so independent!
An example I posted in facebook:
Well, it is beginning. Once in awhile I will take Lauren lunch. Especially if lunch sucks. Well, today I saw online that Subway had a Chicken Chipolte Sandwich on sale so I went and got her one! Andrew was working and made her sandwich. I deliver her sandwich. I got some hugs from her friends but that was it. NO FRIES. Not popular anymore.Lauren couldn't wait for me to leave. How quickly I went from coolest grandma ever to just someone taking up space at the table. On the way home I wondered what happened? When did I get uncool? Was it that I didn't have a bag full of McDonald fries? Was it the dried up food on my Eeyore sweatshirt? Was it my sweatpants with my loafers? I wasn't wearing makeup. But could these have been the reason? hmmmm I think she is just growing up.
Life makes me laugh! I thought my kids grew up fast and now the grandkids are growing up just as fast! Look at Maddie with her new glasses! Growing up!
Today was pajama day for Lauren and she was so happy! I wrote this on facebook. At least I kept up on facebook!!!
Lauren was so happy this morning! It was pajama day at school, she got to bring her blanket, pillow, kunufle bunny, books to school to read all day, and we stopped at Striebles to get her white hot chocolate with peppermint so she got to talk to her favorite barista, drove to school while singing "Christmas in the Northwest". We got to the school and the new bff (Kate) was there to greet her and watching her walk in all happy with her pajama friends made me happy too.
Well, done for the night! Hope you all have a great weekend!!!! No plans here except Dylan might come over with a present for me! He wants me to privately open it. Can't wait.
Next weekend is our family Christmas! Presents are all wrapped and under the tree, menu is planned, and we are all ready! May God bless your week!





1 comment:
Kids grow up and yes it hurts our hearts sometimes! Love that sweet puppy and how everyone is loving him! Enjoy your day sweet friend, LOVE YOU ALL!
Post a Comment