WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Sunday, August 12, 2012

chasing waterfalls....

Well....it has been a week since I have been on here.  I've had to share my computer with 3 others so some of my time is limited. lol!  I am going to miss those 3!  We had the pleasure of having Parker and Patrick for 2 weeks.  They went so fast!!!!  We had Lauren last week while Andrew was at camp. I am trying to remember what we did all week but drawing a tired blank for most of it. I will see what my pictures say:
 Ahhh...now I am remembering!  We went waterfall hunting!  First day we went to the Ludlow Falls about 3 miles up our road.  I thought that little hike was going to kill papa and I. In fact, we never made it all the way because first we went the wrong way and the bridge was out... after having to go back we went up another hill and sat on the bench. Dylan took some pictures of the falls.




And there was some eating..... :D

We stopped at the fish hatchery just because.  Lauren and Maddie had been there before so they helped this lady give us the tour. It was really fascinating to show the life of the coho salmon. 



They get so far upstream and then they keep trying to go further but can't. Seemed kind of mean to me... but that is the way they keep the water circulating and them up in the tank?

You can barely see the huge waterfall behind Maddie... it is so far down.





Dylan took my camera down to the bottom of the falls with the kids and took pictures.








He put the self timer on for this shot!

Got stopped in road construction.... good thing we brought some sandwiches, chips and water!


Next we went to the Dosewalips river..... they call this the Rocky Brook Falls. It is gorgeous. We've been going there since the our kids were small!













Pretty tired on the way home... watching Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
The next day was Tara's birthday so we went to her game....

.... and ended up having a birthday party in the parking lot....

....with a giant cookie!!!!


Papa took them to the movie one day....to give me a break and I cleaned and stuff.
Heather & Don and the boys came Friday night! So fun to have him stay with us!  I will post the weekend in my next post...... a bit too late tonight!  To be continued tomorrow I hope. love to all....

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I love waterfalls! It sure looks like there are pretty ones in your neck of the woods:) I know you have enjoyed having your Grandkids with you! They are sure lucky to have you and Papa to spend time with!

School is back in session here tomorrow, Summer vacation is over!

Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14