WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Good, the Bad and the Beautiful!



I probably shouldn't post because I haven't been in the best mood today. Been kind of down.  My feelings easily hurt. When you feel someone is so important to you but you are not to them.  That's all I will say.

I am going to try to keep this upbeat. Lauren got to come over and spend the night last night. Nothing in the world makes me happy than when my grandkids get to come and spend the night.  Andrew took her to buy her DSI first. She has been saving for it.  Very proud of her!  She had so much fun with it but we also got a few games of Clue in too. It was fun. She has so much fun playing with our cat too. Or should I say "her" cat. That cat really loves her.  The cat doesn't meow at all with Lauren here because she keeps him busy and wears him out.

I stopped watching soaps years ago. I used to watch several of them and then I just quit.  Once in a while I would tune into Days of our Lives. That would be hit and miss.  But recently General Hospital started celebrating their 50th anniversary!  Cannot believe they've been on that long. I remember when I was a little girl Phyllis Rayment watched soaps (mom never did but the neighbor lady did) and I remember when Jessie was married to Phil Breuer and Audrey and Steve Hardy. I found some awesome pictures.... if you didn't love GH the rest of my post will be boring and you might want to say goodbye now! lol!
Nurse Jessie and Dr. Steve were good friends and on from the beginning.
Rick Weber and Alan Quartermaine were the hunks back in the day!
Black Parrish (John Stamos) got his start here!
Lila and Edward Quartermaine (both passed now) with AJ
It was huge when Elizabeth Taylor played Helaina Cassidine. Character Robert Scorpio.
Anna DeVane and Robert Scorpio was Robin's parents. She grew up on the show!
She originated and played Robin for 17 years!!!!
Another heart throb who starred on the show was singer/actor Rick Springfield (Dr. Noah Drake with nurse Bobbi Spencer)
Of course the amazing Jack Wagner who played Frisco Jones and his wife Felicia (Kristina Wagner). They both started in 1984 and came back off and on over the years. They married in real life from 1993-2006.
Sonny and Brenda since 1992 off and on.

Another super hunk Jagger with Karen. 
And Jagger and Karla
Last but not least....Luke and Laura...the most famous soap couple ever.
That's it for now.....if you loved GH like I did...you probably love my post. If not, I am sure you were bored or are gone by now. haha!  Final group photo's...
1977
1980

50th Anniversary

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Hi there my friend, I am trying to catch up... Here comes a hug from Georgia! Wait a minute, I think I will send another:) Hope you are feeling better today! I watch two soaps and have for many years. Just can't seem to quit! I tape them so that I don't feel like I have to be here and then I can zip thru the yucky parts or the characters that I am not too found of! Have a blessed Sunday dear friend, BIG HUGS... oh that make THREE HUGS!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14