WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Birthdays and the 4th

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARKER!!!  Today Parker turns 21 years old. So unbelievable!  Not sure what time to call him this morning because we don't want to wake him up!  I love this goofy, funny guy!  I am so thankful for him and wish him a lifetime of good health and happiness!!!!






Well, it has been over a week and nothing much has been going on. Even with the 4th of July yesterday... not much going on.  On the 4th I sat around sad and bored.  It was really getting to me. I missed the old days of the 4th when we always celebrated with family.










At mom's apt on the 3rd in 2010

2011 Jordy



2012

2013
I guess it has been about 6 years since we really did anything on the 4th. I don't know why it got to me so much this year.  I guess I feel time is running out to do things with family as I watch the grand kids growing and moving away. 
So, I figured to cheer me up I wanted to do something different.  I drove to KFC and got lunch and dinner.  I drove and it was relaxing... hardly any traffic like I had expected.  Papa came along with me and we had great conversation.  I tried the chicken pot pie and it was ok. The crust was flaky and the inside was good. Scruffy loved it. lol.  I don't think I would get it again. It was very filling though.  Papa had chicken strips which I tasted and thought they were very dry.  Scruffy liked it to.  Then we watched Longmire.  We gave Scruffy his chew relaxer treat and he calmed down a lot.  But it was hard for him after 10. But the fireworks around here quit around 11:30.  He is tired today. Not sure how the cat did since he was hiding I imagine. It turned out better than I thought.

The rest of the week.... I had a phone appt with my doctor on Tuesday. It was her wanting me to do the Humalog at lunch time now too. That was about it. And she wants me to walk.  Nothing new.  Papa had his doctor appt that morning and he is taking him off his testosterone shot. Kind of makes us nervous since he has been on that since his tumor was removed and he wasn't producing on his own. Same with adrenaline. He still isn't so I hope the doctor knows what he is doing.  I had my eye appt on Wednesday.  Nothing monumental about it except I am not having any diabetic problems with my eyes.  My prescription changed and I need to get another pair of glasses.  

Scruffy went and got his bath, haircut and pedicure. He hates it but it is good for him in the heat we will be getting.  Plus he looks so cute!!!!
BEFORE
AFTER
A couple other cute pics of him....
Bedtime... he will sit and stare at me until I go to bed.

Waiting for Papa to get ready to go for a walk with him.


Scruffy prefers Papa to hand feed him. lol
Very tired doggie!

And finally, this is our baby's favorite place to sleep out of many. He goes on the frig and jumps on top of the cupboard.  Behind him is the opening he can see into the livingroom and he likes to walk on the catwalk. 


 Andrew has been in Prague, Czech Republic since Saturday and today he takes a train to Vienna, Austria. I haven't heard much from him except he is doing good.  Maybe he doesn't have the best reception there, I don't know.  Hopefully I will hear from him in Vienna.




Some sad news.  A high school friend, Melody Strand George Marvel, passed away a couple weeks ago.  I just found out.  She posted on the 21st of June requesting prayer because she was over at Virginia Mason Hospital after having a heart attack.  Two days later people were posting about the loss of Mel.  Very sad.  She was a year younger than I.
We had a lot of fun together in the days.  As is quite common, we lost contact, but when we did see each other it was always with a warm greeting.  This picture is how I remember her.

Doug Hagen, Mel, Marlin George

Last Monday, the 2nd, was my baby girls birthday.  My baby turned 43. That is hard to believe.  I am just proud to see how she has grown up! She is a amazing mom! Her kids really do adore her!  And she has such a good marriage. They both have the same sense of humor, attitude, love for their family and same interests! She has made herself a wonderful life and I am proud of her and I am thankful God has blessed her so much!
I sure love her!



Well,  that was my week and what I remember.  I hope you had a great week and a happy 4th of July!  God bless you as you go about your week!  Hit the like button if you read this.  I wonder if anyone is reading besides Theresa. lol!   xoxo


1 comment:

Theresa said...

We had a boring 4th too! It seems everyone was just too busy to get together. Tracy and family were getting moved into their new house. It was just Marc and I. There's always next year. Gonna make some plans next year:) Happy Birthday Parker, such a handsome young man. Happy Birthday Karla! I giggled about KFC and how Scruffy liked the things that y'all didn't like:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14