WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

family...

family...

Month

Month

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Ketchup or Catsup?


My beautiful cat looking at the fog.



I think it is more like catch up.  lol!  I don't think I can ever catch up.  But I thought I would get this out of March and into April at least.

Papa is on his way to pick up Lauren and Mac for the night.  Mac hasn't been over to see Sandy in a very long time so it is time for sure.  I think they will be pretty excited.  Sandy is having a harder time getting up and down the 2 steps to the back deck.  That isn't good.  Poor girl.  We love her so much! I call her Sandra or Sandy girl. Papa calls her Sand-woman.  lol!  He calls our cat Skitters.


An old friend of ours who we deliberately lost contact with passed away on Good Friday. He was only 67 and had Alzheimers and then pneumonia at the end.  I was very sad for what he must have gone through and for his family.  Lanny said he wasn't sad because he knew he was with the Lord. His memorial is today.  People just keep dying. It is so difficult.

It was Spring Break this past week.  Dylan and Madi came over yesterday and brought the last Star Wars Movie. We watched it and had popcorn. It was so awesome.  Scruffy was very disrupting.  He took a mozzarella cheese stick outside to bury it.  But Sandy was following him so he brought it back in and jumped on the couch to drop on Madi's lap.  She got a cheese stick, dirt, drool and needles. It was really funny! She laughed. I took a picture. haha!


 I love Star Wars. I almost got tears just hearing the theme!  And during the movie I did cry!  One part broke my heart.  I am sure I am the last to see the movie but I don't want to spoil it in case someone didn't.  For all the hundreds of people who read this.

Madi
Went and watched Jael sing while she was in Silverdale.  She was amazing as always.  Papa dropped off Lauren and Madi.  Alyssa came.  Jael's mom (Nell) was there too.


Jael

Nell

Alyssa
Madi

This is my view in the morning... the tulips from Amanda and Aaron and my hummingbird feeder.
I did get the trailer ready for Kevon! Took everything we want out and left him bowls, plates silverware, napkins, bedding, a tv, a microwave oven, bandaids, hangers, flashlights, toaster, coffee maker, and stuff in there for him. All he basically needs to take off is food. I hope he gets as much happiness from using it as we did! Another chapter closed for us.

Lost another old friend.  Lyle Tester from our class passed away.  The numbers are freaking me out. 

Had a CT Scan last Wednesday. Was a bit stressed.  Had some coffee but that was all I could have. My appt was 11:30 and of course it was late .... probably because I was hungry.  It was a bit scary because I am not a fan of laying still.  It wasn't as bad as an MRI.  I got to keep my clothes on. First good thing. Then I had to lay on a narrow bench (but they did prop up my knees to save my back.) for about 10-15 minutes.  I didn't like holding my arms over my head the whole time and keeping my eyes shut. But I am glad I got it done. 
Got my results the next day ..... the CT scan of my chest in general looks normal, no particular causes for my breathlessness is noted. So next I go to the Pulmonary Dr. and then go and get my Echo-cardiogram hopefully by the end of the month. That should about cover everything. I am praying it is not my heart.  I don't know what it can be.  At least I have no tumors or bad things going on in my chest. 



My husband is such a great cook.  He gets better every day!  Here was my meal the other night.  I like my steak well done and he can make it perfect without making it tough. 

We had lunch with our good friends Lester and Cheryl.  We hardly ever see them so it was such a great time visiting and eating.  We went to Big Apple in Bremerton.  Now we are going to try to meet at least once a month. 

Easter we went and had a wonderful ham dinner with Lauren, Andrew, Amanda and Aaron (her fiance). They have a really nice how and it was a great time with good food and company!  




Scruffy got a beautiful SHORT haircut while I was on my break from blogging.

Berta's memorial service was really nice.  Tons of people. Good food.  Good service.  Reunited with old friends.  Here are some pictures.
Scott.... Berta's husband.

Bob Kimball, my ex Dave Ellis talking with our son, Kevon

Madi came for me.

So did Lauren and Andrew


Dan Belgarde, Jeff Todd, Randy George, Tom Todd, and Mike Anson

Berta's brother Dennis and his wife Sherry

Kevon and friend Ryan 
Took grand daughter Jordy and niece Alyssa to breakfast one Saturday morning. A couple of my favorite girls!

And Andrew got his AA from the local community college.  He'll be going on to the 4 year college in the fall.
I'm sure there was more in the month but that is about it for me.  Lauren and I just watched Pitch Perfect and now we are watching Grease.  It is so beautiful outside and we are in here watching movies. lol!  We spent time this morning playing cards.  I beat her twice at Speed and then taught her cribbage.  She had her music cranked and sang her heart out. It was fun.
Lauren got braces this past month too!  Already can see a difference. 

Well, I hope you enjoy April!  xoxo


No comments:

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14