WELCOME TO MAM'S HOUSE!

This is the life of Mam and Papa We have lots of kids who gave us 10 beautiful and amazing grandbabies and now 2 great ones. Throw in a scruffy little dog and a new home and we have a great and blessed life!! We center our lives around the Lord and our family...

Month

Month

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day! Weird week of birthdays, bruises, beautiful Madi and blessed day!

I almost forgot to post today!  Happy Mother's Day!!!! I love mother's day because I get to acknowledge how special so many mother's in my life are!  That included you!  I had fun to day making collage's for special moms! I will share them with you! The first one I love. It is mom with her 6 kids. How did she ever do it?
This one I made for my sister, Lois. I know she misses mom as much as me!
And another one for Lois with her mama and her 2 kids (little and older)
My great niece Brittni is a new mama this year!
Another great niece Denika is the mom of two now! 
And of course I had to post my beautiful daughters with their kids!
Maddie made this for her mama! She picked out every picture and the banner. She really loves her mom!
Finally me and my mama!
We had a great day. I made deviled eggs and Lanny made his cookies and we took our lawn chairs and went to Salisbury Park. We met up with Karla (who brought 2 different pasta salads, watermelon, and chips), Joel (who bought me a beautiful hanging basket), Dylan, Maddie and her neighbor friend. Kevon brought chicken.  Amanda and Lauren came with the best strawberries, little cupcakes and beautiful yellow roses for me. Everything was so good! No one would let me take any pictures though. I don't know what their problem is but they are really boogers about it. They will be sorry one day. Besides that we had a lot of laughs and a great time! The girls loved the beach.  I am feeling a bit burned on my lip, forehead and right arm. It was worth it!  It was such a great mother's day. Miss my mom. Ryan called from California. I got the best card from Heather that made me cry and she called. Got a card from Jordy and Riley that was so sweet. They also called me after Riley's softball tournament. Riley did great and had fun!  Facebook, phone calls, cards, and picnic! Couldn't ask for more!

Well, time to go back on my week!
Monday 24 came back on! Love that show! Love my Jack Bauer!  Lanny and I made stew for dinner. It was a rainy day so it was a great night!

The worst day was Wednesday. Thankfully no pictures!  I accidentally let the cat out. Went out after him to try to get him in. At one point I saw him up on the front deck. Now in my mind I could picture me creeping up to him to scare him into the house. Now the way it turned out was nothing of the sort. I started off running/creeping toward the porch when I fell flat on my face in the grass. When I say face, I mean face!!!! My face bounced off the ground at least twice and it hurt my nose so bad. I thought for sure it would bleed but it didn't. I really hurt my left knee, too.  My ugly knee:

Papa was on the porch and saw the whole thing. (He was near the cat...why didn't he grab it?)  He came over to help me up (in his own time it seemed). I had tears and was hurting! I came into the house ....I mean I hobbled into the house, took off my flip flops and pants and got in my recliner. Papa got ice on it and gave me aspirin. There I stayed most of the day while different areas started aching on me during the next few days; back, right arm, hands, ankle, etc...  Today I am good. My knee is still bruised but I am great and thankful for my strong Norwegian heritage and that I drink milk everyday. Strong bones!!!!

Most of the week were really nothing days.  Rain rain rain. It was nasty. One day it hailed here! I wasn't home but Papa called me and let me hear it. When I came home I saw none until our road. Too weird!



Sadly it pretty much ruined my Rhody.  That made me sad.

Ok, whenever I come home this is what greets me. The dog is either at the bedroom window (we have to remove everything off papa's end table in the morning) or he is in the living room window on the back of the couch waiting for me.


Friday night Madi (notice she changed the spelling of her name) spent the night and she became his obsession. She went to take a shower and Scruffy was planted with his nose to the door waiting for her. lol!


Meanwhile we have a cat obsessed with this man!!!


She came out looking beautiful!!!! We spent the morning going to find her mom odds and ends for her mamas mothers day gift.

After we did our shopping we picked up Karla and went for pedicures! Oh, that felt nice!!!

There were a few birthday's this past week too!
My beautiful niece, Savanah!
My friend I used to work with...Robin!
My friend since 8th grade, Cindy!

Theresa from Georgia and her husband! She is one of my favorite people!

Brother-in-law, Kevin!
It is going to be a beautiful 1/2 a week here! Can't wait!  A couple softball games and it should be good!

That was the week that was. Hope this week is good for you! May God bless you!





1 comment:

Theresa said...

Well, it sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! Mine was quiet but perfect! I am sorry you hurt your leg, hope it is all better now:) Thanks for the Birthday wish, picture and most importantly what is written underneath! You are one of my favorites too:) Love you my friend and hope to meet you some day! HUGS!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

- Psalm 19:14